Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Can’t set up gateway

Hello,

I have an FC80GT gateway and I’m having trouble setting it up in the Home + Control app. I follow the instructions in the app. I enter it into setup mode (the green light blinking) and then the app attempts to connect to it. It asks me for the HomeKit code which I enter after which the app tries to connect for a while and then shows an error screen saying “Connection issue”. I am standing with the gateway right next to my router. My router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands active. During the connection process I can see in the router admin panel that the gateway successfully connects to my router on the 2.4GHz band.

If I retry the setup process right away again, it doesn’t even reach the HomeKit code step. It fails after a minute on the “Searching for your product” step with “The network is lost”. I have to reset the gateway in order to go through the same process like the first time.

If I try to add it via HomeKit directly, it will either fail with “connection timed out” (fresh after gateway reset) or “device already added to another home” (after setup failed in the Home + Control app).

I cannot figure out what goes wrong. I’ve tried whatever I could find in the troubleshooting section here: https://qna.legrand.com/home-control/49be88f1-ba44-4ade-a938-d49be4e292ef/all including port forwarding with no luck. I’ve tried switching up the security settings on my router. I’ve gone through WPA, WPA2 and WPA3 + 2. It’s always the same.

Can anyone help?

Hello,

For me, you did everything that was needed. I don’t see any tickets related to devices commissioning either. I can just advise you to contact directly the Customer Support of your country, so that they could maybe remotely see where is the problem

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.