Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

When will the CLASSE300 EOS Intercom can work as a Zigbee hub?

I’ve an installtion with both MyHomeServer1 and Classe300 EOS device.

AFAIK, the Classe300 EOS suppose to support Zigbee hub  and as an application hub, when will it be supported?

Thanks

Hello,

I had a feedback from the teams :

Classe 300EOS is going to be a hub both for Myhomeserver1 and Wiring Devices with Netatmo Zigbee offers (via a firmware update of devices). The plan is May for Myhomeserver1 and July for Zigbee, but still to be confirmed.
Have a good day,
Leslie – Community Manager

So it means that only on May all wiring devices connected to MHS1 will support HomeKit?

It depends on the installation you have

If you have a MHS1 it’s not possible to do mixed installation with SCS and Zigbee. The mixed installation will be possible just if the server is Classe 300EOS with Netatmo
Referring to vocal assistant compatibility:
  • MHS1 is compatible with Alexa and Google
  • Classe 300EOS is compatible with Alexa, Google and Homekit

Have a good day,

I currently have both MHS1 and the Classe 300EOS but my home is all LivingNow SCS installation.

so just to get it straight- on July (hopefully) the 300EOS will receive a firmware update which will make it the application hub for SCS and other Zigbee products, and will allow me to remove the MHS1?

Yes, the C300EOS will be both a BUS/SCS and a ZigBee gateway. So, technically your MHS1 will not be useful anymore. This being said, your current installation will continue to interact in SCS protocol and not in ZigBee too, as your LivingNow SCS end-devices (switches, plugs, …) can’t support ZigBee protocol. So, this implies that HomeKit will not be supported

So you have 3 possibilities :

• Stay with your current configuration (MHS1 + LivingNow SCS)
  • Remove your MHS1 and use the C300EOS instead in SCS mode (C300EOS + LivingNow SCS)
  • Use the C300EOS as a ZigBee gateway with compatible ZigBee end-devices (C300EOS + new plugs/switches, which will allow you to use HomeKit if they are compatible with it)

Hoping it’s more clear,

Have a good day,

Yes, thank you!

In case I’ll remove the MHS1 and work with C300EOS in SCS mode will it expose the my existing switches to HomeKit?

If you stay with your current SCS switches : no, because your switches must be ZigBee compatible in order to be certified by Apple and included in HomeKit

If you install ZigBee and HomeKit compatible switches, your C300EOS will work in ZigBee mode and your switches will be exposed in HK

Have a good day,

Thank you for your help!

Hi all, Has the update been released?

Davide

Hello.

I own the 300 EOS.

You say that it’s compatible with Apple Homekit but I cannot find the Homekit code to add the 300 EOS to Homekit.

Can you kindly tell me where I can find the Homekit code of the 300 EOS?

Thanks a lot

Hello,

@Davide, I don’t have more information for now for an availability date for this feature. The Product Manager is off, can you please ask me again the question end of August ? I’ll then be able to discuss it with the manager

@Michele, the Classe300EOS is only compatible with Amazon Alexa as vocal assistant but not HomeKit. What I said is that your C300EOS has the ZigBee protocol, so it can be used as a gateway to manage other devices (switches/plugs/…) which are HomeKit compatible and will be exposed in Apple’s app

Have a good day,

Thanks Leslie.

Currently I’m using the gateway K4500C to control the ZigBee devices and the K4500C gateway, other than Alexa, is compatible also with Google assistant and Apple HomeKit.

I would expect that, when the Class 300EOS will receive the firmware upgrade to be able to work as a ZigBee hub, it will at least have the same functionalities of the K4500C gateway that is it will be compatible with Google assistant and Apple HomeKit.

If this is not the case, I see no one using Google assistant or Apple HomeKit to replace the existing K4500C gateway with the Class 300EOS ZigBee gateway, since he/she will lose the ability to check and control the ZigBee devices from Google assistant or Apple HomeKit.

Can you tell me if the ZigBee firmware upgrade will add (as logic would tell) also the compatibility with Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit?

Hi again Michele,

There is a difference between ZigBee and vocal assistants compatibility

For the K4500C gateway : it belongs to Home + Control solution. End-devices from the solution were thought to be compatible with Google, Alexa and HomeKit when being in the Home + Control ecosystem (gateway) and used with Legrand/Bticino connected devices from this same solution

C300EOS is a standalone videophone, and it will soon also act as a ZigBee gateway. A built-in integration was planned with Alexa, but not with other vocal assistants

I will also ask the question to the Product Manager if there are any plans or discussions about adding Google and HomeKit to it

Have a good day,

@Leslie  do you have news or the release will be shifted again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.