Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

[067772 Double switch] Delay before sending state change to Zigbee

Hi there,

I got my hands on a Legrand 067772 switch a month ago but I just noticed a strange behaviour.
Would you be able to tell me whether this is the expected behaviour?

My 067772 is connected to a custom Zigbee gateway (SONOFF Zigbee 3 dongle + zigbee2mqtt + mosquitto).
From what I have seen from now, every time I press any of the two switches, the status change is sent straight away, however, a second hit on the same button within a few seconds doesn’t get sent immediately.

It looks like the switch is waiting for something between 3 to 5 seconds before sending the new (and latest only) Zigbee message. The “on” LED switches correctly but that gives enough time to hit the button way more times if you are also running some sort of automations based on the last button that was pressed.

Once this second message is sent, I can press the button again and get the first message in a millisecond, then wait for X seconds before getting another message.

I am not sure what’s really happening here, is there anyone being able to help ?
Is this a known issue ? Is that just a firmware upgrade that I should apply ? I didn’t get the Legrand gateway  yet…

Hello Cyril,

Indeed, the behavior is strange and it’s not intended on our side. I think that your ZigBee dongle or your broker queues messages for some reason (no overloading, …). Unfortunately, we can’t change this on our side

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your reply.

After sniffing my Zigbee traffic using a second and different dongle (cc2531 flashed with TI sniffer firmware), I can see that the second message is always sent after ~4 or 5 seconds no matter if I press the button again.

For example, when I press the button only once:

• Switch is off
  • PRESS
  • First message is sent immediately (with ON state)
  • Wait for ~4 or 5 seconds
  • Second message is sent with the same content as the first message

When I press it more than once:

• Switch is off
  • PRESS
  • First message is sent immediately (with ON state)
  • Wait for ~5 seconds + press 3 times while waiting
  • Second message is sent with the actual state of the switch (OFF)

Therefore, I don’t think this is related to my setup but more something with the switch itself, otherwise I would be able to sniff a Zigbee message every time I press the button right ?

This switch is the only one behaving like this in my network but it is also the only Legrand I have for now so I can’t compare with others.

Any idea ?

Have a good day,

Cyril

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

2 replies
2 participants