Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Bticino 3577C can only pair to one device

I have some rooms in my house with Philips Hue lamps connected to my Netatmo Gateway.

I also have Bticino 3577C mechanical switch modules. I am trying to use the module to turn off/on all lights in a room, but the Home + Control app gives me an error that I can only connect one product.

How do I configure the product where the 3577C will turn off/on all of the lights in a room?

Also firmware version is 32.

Hello Brant,

For the device update to the latest version, as for other devices from the solution, you must wait for the automatic OTA update to be done while it’s connected to Legrand/Bticino gateway (it can take up to 24 hours)

Concerning the technical sheet (https://catalogue.bticino.com/BTI-3577C-EN) it seems that “it allows to change a traditional two-way switch or a pushbutton into a wireless control for one connected device for light control (ON/OFF).”

As it’s a pure hardware configuration question, I advise you to ask the question to the US Customer Support or your Legrand representative

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hey Leslie,

It seems to be a software limitation that is not allowing me to connect to more than one Hue lamp. See screenshots below. Is this something you can ask the development team about?

My use-case is trying to use a mechanical switches in place of the SofTap switches to control all of the Philips Hue lamps within one room. I haven’t called US technical support yet; this device isn’t available in the US. They were sourced to me from Legrand Italy via my Legrand sales rep.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi again,

I created an internal ticket. I’ll tell you once I have an answer

Have a good day,

Thanks Leslie

Hello Brant,

Here is the answer :

“This module (equivalent to LG-067694 in Legrand reference) can’t manage multiple switches because the ALL OFF function (with a double click) is not possible. We reported that this information was missing in the 3577C notice (in attachment a screenshot of the missing info). For the usecase of this user, he can only use a wireless switch (with battery)”

Have a good day,

You must be logged in to view attached files.

That’s unfortunate. My use-case specifically requires mechanical switches, and the wireless switch isn’t an option.

Leslie,

I’ve paired this device with Home Assistant using Zigbee2MQTT, and I am able to bind it to multiple philips hue lamps and it works normally in toggle on/off mode. It seems to be a software limitation with Home + Control, not the hardware. I’d ask the developers to reconsider adding this functionality that allows it to control multiple lamps. Many of my customers do not like the push-button feel of the Legrand smart devices. The 3577C would allow use of normal Legrand toggle switches in combination with some wireless devices.

Hello Brant,

I reported it to Product Manager as it’s a business demand for you

As I understand, it’s a will from the team not to manage this feature because of the double click (to maintain the same behavior between all similar products I suppose)

In ZigBee mode it’s way more permissive and it allows to change global behavior. But only simple clicks features are supported. And of course you can’t use anymore the Legrand gateway and Home + Control app

Have a good day,

thank you Leslie.

I think I understand what you are saying about double-click, in that they want commonality.

Its less of an issue in North America as no one uses retractive/momentary type switches. Legrand only offers one momentary switch in the Radiant line, and its marketed as a “garbage disposal switch”. You’ll never see lighting switches that are retractive/momentary here.

thanks for the help. it would certainly be nice to keep everything within the Home + Control platform for tech support reasons.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.