Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

bticino 4 scenarios control (K4575CW) not available in Apple Home app

I installed bticino Living Now smart home solution in my newly renovated apartment. I purchased the bticino living now range due primarily due to its compatibility with HomeKit. I have the Legrand gateway and in&out scenario control (K4500C) and I was able to connect them to the Apple Home app. Both products are shown in the Home App and the in&out scenario control is properly displayed as a switch with configurable “button 1” and “button 2”.

I also purchased the 4 scenarios control (K4575CW) hoping to be able to customize the 4 buttons via Apple Home app as well. I was able to associate the item with the Legrand gateway, but no matter what I do I can’t get it to show in the Apple Home app. Is there a way to get the 4 scenarios control visible in the Home app?

Thank you.

Hello,

I believe I have the same problem with my Legrand Gateway Starter pack, I believe the SKU is N4502C.

Hub FW version is 306 and the home/away scenario switch FW version is 60. I can see the scenario button in HomeKit and am able to set up actions for it, but they do not execute when I press the buttons.

Thank you,

Hristo

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by S Hristo.

Hi Hristo,

It seems to work correctly on my side. I see in database that your Home/Away switch is not reachable nor configured. Can you use it via the Home + Control application ?

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

The button works perfectly with the Home + Control app. I get instant actions when I configure it trough there. But in HomeKit, I see the button, open its properties and attach actions to both buttons, but these actions never execute when I press the buttons.

Regards,

Hristo

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I just did a call with the teams about this kind of problems. It seems that there is high latency to communicate between the Legrand gateway and Apple Cloud with wireless switches for a few days. They are working on fixes in a new version that should reduce them (first results seem good)

I don’t have a date for the moment, it should probably arrive end of february or march

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie.

The problem only applies to cordless switches – the scenario switch I mentioned, as well as my two remote light switches – both appear in HomeKit but neither can be configured to trigger stuff in HomeKit. However the wired light switches work like a charm – I can link them to any action in HomeKit.

Regards,

Hristo

Hi Leslie,

To update my last statement. I tried to attach a HomeKit automation to my smart electrical outlet, and it fails to trigger the HomeKit automations. Seems like only the light switches work as expected.

Regrds,
Hristo

Hi again Hristo,

I confirm the issue is only known for wireless devices as the way they communicate with HomeKit is different from wired devices

What did you set as automation for the plug ? On my side I tried with a simple one (turn the plug ON at desired hour) and no problem

Did you check that it doesn’t enter into conflict with another setting defined via Home + Control, HomeKit, or a third-party app ?

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

The automation for the plug was that I linked it to the home/away scenario via the Home + Control app. It did not work – the plug was toggled successfully, its state in HomeKit changed, but the linked automation did not execute. Same was when I linked the scenario button to a Legrand smart light switch, again – toggled state but did not trigger automation.

It did work with the scheduled state change you suggested, it did trigger the automation.

Two days later the automation works fine every time when triggered with the scenario button – so apparently your team have solved the back end issue, which is quite nice, great job.

However, my initial issue persists. I am still unable to attach a HomeKit automation to the scenario button directly without going trough a connected appliance state change. Is there a fix for that?

Regards,
Hristo

I am waiting for these 4-scenario switches to work since August. There was supposed to be a fix with the gateway, I updated the gateway but the switch still doesn’t work.

Just to reiterate – there is now another bug, and fix should be coming in February. Is is a firmware update on the wireless 4-scenarios switches and it will be version 36. Is that correct?

Hello,

@Hristo, I just had the confirmation that teams did some tests and also notice this problem. An internal ticket is now open to investigate and find a fix

@Bojan: yes, the NLD-36 firmware is being deployed on 4-scenes scenarios and fixes the issue where actions are not launched via HomeKit. It’s planned to be available on 100% of installation for the 06 February

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie.

Is there still another additional update?  My gateway was  forced to update and it working on new  version 307. I still have an issue with four scenario button.  Like you described before this update should come with button firmware version 36 , but was not performed. Button is on firmware 30 and result is not like I expected.  Is there something what I can do to force firmware update of the button , or this firmware was not released yet?

Hello Peter,

Here is the changelog for NLD-36 firmware update :

New

• Now support timed off feature to turn ON lights for a specific period

Changed

• Change color wireless switch ergonomics: now the dimming is done with the on/off button only. First long press = dim +, second long press = dim – etc… (dancing ergo).

Fixed

• Fix for HomeKit: 4 scenarios wireless switch presses were not detected in HomeKit.

Firmware updates are automatic and independent from each other. The v.36 for NLD is supposed to be fully deployed. If you installed your device more than 48 hours ago and still on v.30, I advise you to contact the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Hi

Is there another known issue with 4 scenario button , because still not working in apple home kit. Button is running  on 36 version firmware gateway is on 307, but there is no presses detected in home kit. I remove whole gateway from HomeKit and add as new from begging (a lot of  work) but nothing  helped. Any ideas what else I can do? Or this issue was not solved yet? My home kit is running on  AppleTv (tvos 16.3.1)

Thanks for response.

Hello Peter,

I advise you to make a reset of the 4-scenes device (20 seconds push on “gear” button) and reintegrate it in your Legrand gateway network. Then, check if it’s well detected by HomeKit and if actions now works

I don’t see any other feedback with this problem after the NLD-36 update

If you still have the problem, please send me the email address of your Netatmo end-user account and the MAC Address of the device via the contact form

Have a good day,

Resetting and re-adding the button seems to solve the issue when press was not detected in HomeKit for me. But now pressing the button triggers wrong button press event, e.g. pressing 1 button – triggers 2nd button event, pressing 2 button – triggers 3rd button event ect.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.