Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Classe 300 Doorbell HomeKit integration

Hi,

I am an owner of a Bticino Classe 300 doorbell and would love to have it integrated into the HomeKit.

Is this something you are looking to add support in the near future?

I also have the Legrand Valena with Netatmo, and several Netatmo cameras and everything works great with HomeKit. The only thing missing is the Classe 300 doorbell

Best Regards,

José

Hello José,

Unfortunately, Apple imposes to devices with cameras to be full HD in order to accept the compatibility with HomeKit. As it’s not the case with the C300X13E, we are not authorized to add this feature

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your fast reply.

‘That is unfortunate to know. It was not easy to find the specifications for the Linea 3000 camera but the resolution seems to be 330 lines (horizontal). That is indeed very outdated, and far off the minimum 720p.

Would it be possible in the future just to upgrade the Linea 3000, and keep the indoor units (I have one 300X13 and one 300V13)? Or is the 2-wire interface a limitation for higher resolutions?

Best Regards,

José Ventura

José,

As far as I know, it’s not technically possible to “update” this resolution. I’ll ask the C300X teams in order to be sure but I really doubt it

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

I know I asked only one week ago, but do you have any update on this mater?

I also wanted to clarify that what I was asking was: if I upgrade the outdoor unit with camera (Linea 3000) to a newer model with 720p or higher resolution, would it then be possible to have HomeKit integration on the Classe 300?

Another question I would like to ask is if you foresee a new model like the Classe 300, with one outdoor unit and one or two indoor units with HomeKit?

Best Regards,

José Ventura

Hello José,

I had a feedback : I confirm you that connected C300X will not be HomeKit compatible. Apple’s certification aims to the definition of the indoor unit, so no matter the resolution of the outdoor entrance panel

Concerning your second question : there is a project of a new indoor unit and one of its goals is to be HomeKit compatible. But I don’t have much information about it or an availability date

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

very Sad to hear that !

I was hoping for an update of the linea with a better resolution and integration with HomeKit.
The resolution seems quite old today compared to other systems…

Your Netatmo DoorBell products is compatible with Homekit but we are not at all on the same range of equipment.
Durability, integration with door strike…

Hope you can push up request to optain an high quality european connected and open Door Bell system.

The news Sfera by Bticino will require this king of stuff…

Hello Jean-Henri,

I understand it, your suggestions are good ;). I forwarded your message to relevant contacts in marketing teams

Have a good day,

Hello,

have you thought the possibility to write a homebridge plug-in for your models Class 300 and Class 100X16E with your own Api specifications for an “unofficial” but working trough homebridge-HomeKit integration?

it should be nice and I think that not a hard work for your developer team.

it could let us, an easy HomeKit integration maintaining “not full hd” resolution with ffmpeg plug-in working and combined with yours, and still available for homebridge.

ffmpeg shows any video from video doorbells that manage as if it was full hd.

thanks before hand and best wishes.

Jose Manuel.

Hello Jose Manuel,

I forward your message to the devs & product manager. But to be honest, I don’t think that Apple would be really happy if we try to “bypass” their restrictions 😀

Have a good day,

Hello again Leslie,

thanks for your answer.
My point of view, I that when you add to Apple’s HomeKit the homebridge software  as an “unofficial HomeKit bridge” (probably the most extended, a raspberry pi x hardware with raspbian and homebridge software), apple, shows an advertisement saying that “this bridge is not officially supported”, but they let you decide finally  this integration (up today), so more or less, is an apple’s known and allowed practice.

As long as it works, I think it is a good alternative for hardware manufacturers that decide to sell their products without HomeKit integration (for different reasons, probably, the most common, economic or perhaps less effort for the development teams about different home and Domotic integration solutions),m.

So I think it could be a good parallel alternative to the “official one” for this manufacturers or for freelance developer people, that do that job for the rest of the anonymous “customers”, and for sure, una a cheaper way ….

thanks before hand and best wishes.

Jose Manuel.

Hi Leslie!

What about Matter? New standard which maybe will not be so strict?

I have Classe 300x Dorbell and it would be very, very nice see Matter/HomeKit integration.

And it could be even partial integration with possibility to open gate (gates).

Hello Luke,

For the moment we don’t have news to give about a Matter integration to our products. If it evolves, an official communication will be done

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

When is the firmware update of the Classe 300 EOS with Netatmo expected to support the web server functionality for SCS system?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Paolo

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Paolo Bogani.

Hello,

I think that with a relative effort to make homebridge compatible (with an additional plug-in for that)the 100X/300x series, all customers could integrate their door bells with HomeKit, and we should all be satisfied enough with that decision.

Best wishes.

Jose Manuel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.