Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Classe 300X13E and SIRI

Hi all,

I have just installed Classe 300X13E  and download Door Entry to my Iphone to open my gate.

I wonder if I could open the gate by using Siri.

With Siri I can open the app Door Entry but I’m not able to activate the comand to open the gate.

Thanks for your help

Floriano

Hi Floriano,

For the moment it is not planned to have a compatibility between Siri and the C300X13E

I saw you want to use it to open your gate, do you have more actions you would like to do with Siri?

I will forward your needs to the developers team, maybe they will think about the setting up of this feature

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

many thanks for your prompt reply.

There is an App on Iphone called (Shortcuts) where it should be possible to launch automatically Apps and comands.

Using it I have been able to launch automatically (with Siri) the App “Door Entry” but I don’t know how to launch the comand, within Door Entry, to open the gate.

Is the developers team, you are referring to, including even the developers of Door Entry for IOS? Maybe they know very well what I’m trying to do.

Thanks again

Floriano

Hi again Floriano,

I see what you want to do. Launching the app with Siri is different from using the device with the voice. If we want the C300X13E to be compatible with Siri, we need to work with Apple to get a certification and their approval

That’s why I asked you if you see other use cases for using Siri with your device : if the team sees enough use cases and users interested in voice control, they will maybe work to get the certification

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure I have understood your question (my poor english).

Personally I have not other cases for using Siri but I’m sure everybody using 300X13E and Iphone are interested to use Siri to open gates or lights via the app “Door Entry†.

Saluti

Floriano

I also would need any implementation to make it easier to open the gate, e.g.:

– Siri implementation, or

– amazon alexa integration, or

– a clear explanation for tcp/ip communication so we can link a domotics system to send an ‘open’ command

What is the most feasible?

Hi Skorno,

Just as I said to Floriano, I forward your request to the developer’s team. I also added the marketing managers of the device

As you are more and more numerous to ask for this voice assistant use, I hope they will think about adding this feature

Have a good day,

Hello

I have a regulard un connected bticino video door bell and I plan to upgrade the inside device with a 100X16E.

It would be great to be able to use siri shortcut to open the gate and to be able to open the gate using carplay

Has there been any talk internally since the last message ?

Thanks a lot

Cyril

Hello Cyril,

Unfortunately, Apple imposes to devices with cameras to be full HD in order to accept the compatibility with HomeKit. As it’s not the case with the C100X16E / C300X13E, we are not authorized to add this feature

There is a project of a new indoor unit and one of its goals is to be HomeKit compatible. As far as I know, it’s under beta test on our side, but I don’t have much more information about its release date

Have a good day,

Hi

Thanks for your feedback

What about the siri shortcut ? It doesn’t involve homekit

Thanks a lot

Hi,

same here I wish you would implement Siri shorcut so that we just have to say « hey Siri open the gate »

The implementation is rather simple, you don’t need HomeKit integration.

thank you

regards

Damien

Hi, any news on this (Siri shortcut support). This is a must have : when you drive it is more secure to say “open the door” instead of manipulating the app and slide over the open button

Also it is reporting on your website that Doorentry architecture will be migrated to netatmo.

What does it mean for users ?

Thank you

Regards

Damien

Hi,

just found out this forum by making a research on the internet. I have a Bticino My Home (MyHomeServer1) and a home touch panel. I use Door Entry for Home Touch to manage my video door bell and main building door. All my apartment gears (switches, plugs, smart devices) are integrated in the Apple home app. The only thing missing is my Door Entry. I really would like to have it there too so there is no need for it’s dedicated app.

Any update for the certificate approval from Apple?

Is there a workaround especially now that the Matter protocol is about to enter the market?

I read that some Matter-already-compatible devices that were first working only with other platforms (Alexa and/or Google) are now compatible with Apple as well with not the need of extra hardware. Could there be a possibility for Door Entry also for it?

Thanks,

Michele

Hello,

@Damien : for end-users, this migration means that your devices will be integrated to Home + Security application. This app allows to create Siri Shortcuts but only for now for Netatmo cameras and home state management. I don’t have a confirmation about the feasibility of adding C100/300X gate locks to it

@Michele : unfortunately, it’s not planned at all to bring a HomeKit compatibility in the current F454

Have a good day,

Thank you Leslie for your feedback

Can you make the feature request for us about the Siri shortcut for door entry ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.