Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Connected outlet NLP 78 Firmware

Good morning,

I can’t install zigbee NLP component Firmware update, (power socket) v78 version,

available on your site.

Indeed, when I launch the installation from my own zigbee network with my own gateway, I receive an error code 0x96: ‘invalid image’.

In order to have a clear heart,

I had my power outlet connected to the official Legrand gateway

This one is well updated with v78 visible on the interface.

When I reintegrate it into my own networks, I see this from my updated and reintegrated powersocket :

OTA request ‘{“fieldControl”:0,”manufacturerCode”:4129,”imageType”:17,”fileVersion”:5129215}’

We can notice that the version after the update by your gateway is this one “5129215”

On my other power socket which are not up to date I receive:
OTA request ‘{“fieldControl”:0,”manufacturerCode”:4129,”imageType”:17,”fileVersion”:4867071}’

which corresponds to V74: “4867071”

However with your v78 file available on your site, I detect this
meta version {“fileVersion”:5128707,

I see that the version of the file is not the same as that issued by my power socket after the update via the official gateway

So two concerns for me
The first is that the file available on your site does not seem to be acceptable for the power outlet (NLP) and in addition the version proposed is not the correct one.

Cordially

i verify the checksum of file and its OK

Very interesting Clément!

Legrand, could you update you files please?

Hello,

I just uploaded the NLP-81 firmware. I let you check and test

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Same error code for me
you need a new sniffing capture ?

Hello Clément,

Yes, I’ll send it to the developers

Have a good day,

Key : 01:03:05:07:09:0B:0D:0F:00:02:04:06:08:0A:0C:0D

Network address
0x8071
zbee_nwk.addr == 0x8071

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Clément,

Here is the feedback from the devs :

We see that the product downloads the firmware starting the offstet 78 and not offstet 0. This case is hard to understand as it’s not reproduced on our side with our gateways and zigbee gateways tested

Can you try the following :

• perform an electrical reboot of the device (and wait at least 30 seconds)

or

• make a factory reset, reinstall the device, then re-try to perform the update

It should help to find the problem

Have a good day,

We found the solution and a root cause

Perform an electrical reboot with 30 sec or more, not reset OTA stack of the devices…

so when the devices ask the offset 50 (not 78 have you seen 78 its the starting firmware)

we send more than expected, the devices reset the OTA stack and we can retry update from offset 0

so why the device ask offset 50? its because the software which we uses capping the OTA size response of 50

but Legrand firmware not appreciated that and want the firmware with the size who it ask, the Legrand Firmware still asks for the last bit that it is missing but it does not accept it and falls into a loop.

NLV and NLP product tested !

https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters/pull/6193

After reading the zigbee documentation
https://csa-iot.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/07-5123-08-Zigbee-Cluster-Library-1.pdf#page1051

Article

11.13.6.2.6 Maximum Data Size
The value indicates the largest possible length of data (in bytes) that the client can receive at once. The server SHALL respect the value and not send the data that is larger than the maximum data size. The server MAY send the data that is smaller than the maximum data size value, for example, to account for source routing payload overhead if the client is multiple hops away. By having the client send both file offset and maximum data size in every command, it eliminates the burden on the server for having to remember the information for each client.

and articles

11.13.8.2.6 Data Size
The value indicates the length of the image data (in bytes) that is being included in the command. The value
MAY be equal or smaller than the maximum data size value requested by the client. See section 11.11.2 for
more description.

So my conclusion its was your firmware cannot accepte a smaller size wich devices aksing so you dont respect the ZigbeeStack

Hello Clément,

The problem is now clear for the devs and they understand why it wasn’t reproduced on their side

They will fix the max lenght of frame sent by the gateway (but it’s not still prioritized so I don’t know when it will be done)

But the update of your devices will be impossible without a fix on your gateway’s side. We see that the code on gateway was patched last week (GitHub). It seems that you manage to update products. Do you still have problems since this patch was done ?

Have a good day,

They will fix the max lenght of frame sent by the gateway (but it’s not still prioritized so I don’t know when it will be done)

The problem is not on your official gateway but with my gateway with Z2M software

But its the devices who need to be fixed to accept a smaler size of OTA block

And yes we can update the product after removing the limitation of my gateway to respond with maximum size of 64 bytes

I expressed myself badly, I meant they will fix the size problem to fit with the zigbee library specs

For information i have tested with last firmware ( NLPv81 ) installed on the devices, and i force an update with same version with same capping to with size 50, the bug is still here

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

13 replies
3 participants