Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Direct access to the Arteor Netatmo Gateway

Hi,

I’m looking to implement the Arteor with Netatmo solution for my house but have a some questions before I can go ahead.

1. Does the Gateway need access to the outside world to operate? Can Alexa and the Gateway be on an ‘internal’ wifi network and work?

2. I’m a control feak. Can the Gateway be ‘reprogrammed’ to become a publisher/subscriber to an MQTT broker instead of needing the WEB to work?

3. Can the devices work with any Zigbee v3.0 Gateway?

4. Can I access the Gateway <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>directly</span>  in code to give it commands?

Thanks in advance.

Marcell

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Bloubul.
  • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Bloubul.

Hello Marcell,

To answer your questions :

Does the Gateway need access to the outside world to operate? Can Alexa and the Gateway be on an internal wifi network and work? Yes and no. To ensure an always-operating installation, all the products still work even if the gateway is disconnected from Internet: devices pairing, controls thanks to remote controls, scenes launch, etc. The gateway must be connected to Internet for any external interoperability such as Alexa (except for Apple HomeKit)

Can the Gateway be reprogrammed to become a publisher/subscriber to an MQTT broker instead of needing the WEB to work? It could be an interesting idea, but it is not possible right now

Can the devices work with any Zigbee v3.0 Gateway? Products are not (yet) ZigBee 3.0 certified but we rely on this protocol

Can I access the Gateway directly in code to give it commands? Devices commands and status queries can only be done via the cloud APIs

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

watch_later 1 week, 2 days ago
message1 reply
people2 participants