Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Direct access to the Arteor Netatmo Gateway

Hi,

I’m looking to implement the Arteor with Netatmo solution for my house but have a some questions before I can go ahead.

1. Does the Gateway need access to the outside world to operate? Can Alexa and the Gateway be on an ‘internal’ wifi network and work?

2. I’m a control feak. Can the Gateway be ‘reprogrammed’ to become a publisher/subscriber to an MQTT broker instead of needing the WEB to work?

3. Can the devices work with any Zigbee v3.0 Gateway?

4. Can I access the Gateway <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>directly</span>  in code to give it commands?

Thanks in advance.

Marcell

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Bloubul.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Bloubul.

Hello Marcell,

To answer your questions :

Does the Gateway need access to the outside world to operate? Can Alexa and the Gateway be on an internal wifi network and work? Yes and no. To ensure an always-operating installation, all the products still work even if the gateway is disconnected from Internet: devices pairing, controls thanks to remote controls, scenes launch, etc. The gateway must be connected to Internet for any external interoperability such as Alexa (except for Apple HomeKit)

Can the Gateway be reprogrammed to become a publisher/subscriber to an MQTT broker instead of needing the WEB to work? It could be an interesting idea, but it is not possible right now

Can the devices work with any Zigbee v3.0 Gateway? Products are not (yet) ZigBee 3.0 certified but we rely on this protocol

Can I access the Gateway directly in code to give it commands? Devices commands and status queries can only be done via the cloud APIs

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi to all, and happy new year 🙂

For this new year, here is my wish list for netatmo gateway…
In fact, it’s the same than Marcell Blubul 😉

• API to connect directly to the gateway, whenever cloud is not reachable,
  • Capability to connect gateway to MQTT broker, to listen commands, and publish events
  • Capability to adopt zigBee devices from other supliers

Can you please tell us if theses functions are in the product roadmap ?

Kind Regards,

Stephane 🙂

Hello Stéphane, happy new year !

As far as I know :

– API to connect directly to the gateway, whenever cloud is not reachable <- It’s not scheduled for 2020

– Capability to connect gateway to MQTT broker, to listen commands, and publish events <- It’s a very technical subject, I don’t know if the teams are working on it but I forwarded them your need

– Capability to adopt zigBee devices from other supliers <- we are analyzing it but we don’t have a release date for the moment

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi! I’m interesting in local management with netatmo gateway too. And it seems it has some API on port 5001. Where can I get some information about it to save my time for traffic sniffing?

mastershu@lenovo [02:09:24]:~$ telnet 10.11.11.163 5001
Trying 10.11.11.163…
Connected to 10.11.11.163.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
GET /
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Content-Type: application/hap+json
Content-Length: 17

{“status”:-70403}Connection closed by foreign host.

2 Stéphane Chaperot and Bloubul: As I know, legrand/netatmo zigbee devices based on zigbee, but has additional fields that make them unusable with other zigbee systems. I can understand marketing reasons, but if you’re some kind of enthusiasts, I can said that project named zigbee2mqtt already has support some of legrand/netatmo zigbee devices, you can find it here: https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/supported_devices.html#legrand

But zigbee devices can be connected to only one coodinator, so you should choose between netatmo gateway and your personal gateway. I thnk first variant is more robust.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.