Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Double-press and long-press support on switches/dimmers

Hello,

I would be nice to see support for at least a long-press action on the switches/dimmers, but double-press would be nice also. Even if the capability existed first on the switch, and was not accessible in the C+H app, it would allow more versatile usage in third party zigbee coordinators. I specifically own many WNRL63 wireless dimmers.

I am currently using Home Assistant with other brand switches that do support double-press and long-press to initiate the selection of a predefined scene. In my case I use it reset a light to default, in case the light color or brightness was changed with the app, the extra switch button action is a quick way to revert to default.

Thanks for the consideration.

Hi again Steven,

I forwarded your request to the teams. It’s not something planned, but it’s not a definitive “no” for them to allow this feature in the future

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thanks again Leslie!

I think this particular switch could have great success in the zigbee world because its the only wireless dimmer I know of that fits into the decora standard, so it blends in aesthetically with existing switches. But most other switches on the market support additional button presses to facilitate additional actions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.