Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Gateway update and version number is 503

Today my gateway was updated and the version number is 503. What’s new in the 503 version number update?

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Kircuvaloglu.

Hello,

Here is the changelog for NLG-508 :

New

• Smart automations available !
    • devices states triggers
    • electricity measures triggers
    • weather triggers
  • NLY smart notification
  • NLJ blocked notification
  • End to end security signature
  • OTA update for 3rd party products
  • Weather forecasts for automations

Changed

• US products do not support timed off feature anymore

Fixed

• Stability fixes
  • Smart notifications issues (gateway crashs, triggers)
  • Homekit
    • shutter stop when cannot control in opening percentage
    • Missing products and actions (ZED)

Known issues

• If this version is used as rescue firmware, gateway can have very weird behavior after going to rescue mode, and can potentially reboot indefinitely.

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Does this firmware version also apply to Legrand gateway 412181 too?

Hello Jonathan,

Yes 😉

Have a good day,

Hello Lesli,

I have the FC80GT gateway and didn’t get the update. Did you finish pushing the update?
thanks

Hi Elkabetz,

The end of the deployment for NLG-503 is planned for September, 25

Have a good day,

Thank you.
Any way to initiate/force the update?

Yes. Configure WiFi settings again. Then it checks to see if there is an update or not.

Thanks that did work, but now my HomeKit setup is lost. All my accessories are in one room with default names. The config in home+control is ok and did not change. Any way to sync? Or i need to start over again

I followed the ‘configure wifi’ method to update the Legrand 412181 gateway and it worked fine for me. All of my HomeKit setup was retained with no issues whatsoever. The gateway now reports version 503 in HomeKit too.

Hi Elkabetz,

Strange, I didn’t see any other similar feedback. Here is a list of points to check (it was done at a period we had “unresponsive” responses, so every points are not necessarily relevant) :

• Check that the iPhone or iPad is connected to the same wifi network as the control socket.
  • Disable wifi, then re-enable it.

Or
Connect the iPhone or iPad to another wifi network, then connect it again to the same wifi network as the control socket.

• look for name or part conflicts, and correct them.

(manage my house/rooms/product => an orange banner is displayed at the top of the page if a conflict exists, click on it and follow the instructions.

• In the “Home” app (homekit), check that the control socket is in the same room as the Appl hub.
  • Check that no product is placed in “default room”.

If so, search for the correct room in “home+control”, and correct manually in “Home”.

• Compare houses in both apps and manually check that all product names are the same and are placed in the same room.

If a product exists in one app but not in the other (Typically a wireless control in Homekit not visible in Home + Control)
=> reset the wireless control via its reset button.

• In the “home settings/concentrators and bridges” menu, locate and override the “Legrand control takeover” bridge.

NB: if no other bridge is associated with the house, select delete the house”.

• “Manage my home/part of the control socket/control socket” menu: if the “configure homekit” menu is not visible, perform a reset on the control socket:

press and hold the reset button and monitor the led
around 10s, and as soon as the LED flashes orange, release the button.
NB: this reset can also be done if the association with an iPhone fails several times, even if the line “configure homekit” is visible.

Hoping it will help,

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

it’s well passed September 25th and my gateway 412181 is still running 404.0.

How can I get it updated?

As Kircuvaloglu said, reconfigure the gateway wifi in the app. once connected the gateway searches for FW updates. it worked for me

Hmm, yeah, but you can imagine I was a little reluctant to do that considering one person said it screwed their homekit setup… which is what I have.

As it happens, I went through the script in the Control app, and the first time it did not find the gateway. This was a problem as it now wasn’t working with HK. I switched off the gateway, rebooted it, and did the script again…. and this time it found the gateway, reconfigured the gateway, downloaded the firmware to 503 and did NOT loose my HK config *phew*.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.