Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Home + Control : Get user plant empty

Hello,

I’ve looked for any suggestion for my problem but nothing found to resolve it.

Explanation of my problem :

I have a user + password to connect to my Home + control application. All is Ok, and I can manage my Bubendorff devices with application.

I have created a partner application account for Alexa. It works fine too (Devices and scenes voice controls Ok).

I have created a developer account and subscribed to starter kit. When I try to send a “get users plants” request by clicking on “try it” button, I receive a http 200, but json is : “plants”: [] (empty).

In field “OAuth Server for Try it Eliot API”, I enter my user and password used to connect to home + control Application. After this a message like “Access token expires on: 12/23/2020 5:43 PM” appears to the right of this field. Before click “Send” Button, I’ve checked that “Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key” and “Subscription key” contain my primary key, and “Authorization” contains “Bearer xxxxxxxx”.

Could you help me to understand why response is empty please ?

Thanks

Hello,

I tested this call via Try It and Postman : it works for me

I only see 2 possible explanations :

• you log in in the Try It with an other end-user account than the one where your devices are linked (but according to explanations you gave me, I doubt it)
  • Or you didn’t give user consents to use this application. You can check it by going in Menu > My account > Third-party applications in your Home + Control application. You should see the name or the ID of your Works with Legrand application

If you don’t see it, copy/paste this URL in your web browser : https://partners-login.eliotbylegrand.com/authorize?response_type=code&redirect_uri=YOUR_URI&client_id=YOUR_ID. Then, you will be asked to authenticate with your Home + Control credentials and to accept scopes

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello

Tanks.

Actually I dont see the name nor the id in my Works With legrand application.

Could you tell me where I can fini My_URI and My_ID to subit url you give me please ?

Thanks

Hi,

Connect to your Works with Legrand account and go in your application’s details : https://mysettings.developer.legrand.com/Application

First Reply Uri is the address you defined to redirect users to consents page and to use in your /authorize request

Application Id = client_id

Have a good day,

Hi,

Thanks.

I’ve vreated my application and received by mail client_id and client_secret.

I’ve tried to get users plant using two methods :

1/ First Method with Postman :

1st step : on web browser

-> https://partners-login.eliotbylegrand.com/authorize?client_id=<my client ID received by mail>&response_type=code&redirect_uri=<redirect_uri_specified in my application>

-> Login on Eliot with my home+control user and password.

-> Accept authorization => <redirect_uri specified in my application>/?code=<Code to use at next step>

2nd step : on Postman

https://partners-login.eliotbylegrand.com/token with body parameters :

client_id -> <client_id received by mail>

grant_type -> authorization_code

code -> <code received on first step>

client_secret -> <client_secret received by mail>

And Authorization Type -> OAuth 2.0

3rd step : on Postman

https://api.developer.legrand.com/hc/api/v1.0/plants with Headers parameters :

Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key -> <Primary Key of my starter kit subscription>

Authorization type -> Bearer Token

Token -> <access_token received previous step>

Response : 200 Ok, but {“plants”: []} (plants empty)

2/ Second Method with API List Try it -> Home + Control Get users’ plants :

Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key -> <Primary Key of my starter kit subscription>

OAuth Server for Try it Eliot API ->  Authorization code

Subscription key -> Primary-<Primary Key of my starter kit subscription>

Field Authorization updated with : Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx And Access token expires on: 12/31/2020 1:44 PM

Same response as with Postman : 200 Ok, but {“plants”: []} (plants empty)

I dont understand why plants is empty.

An idea ?

Thanks

Hi Ges,

Your requests seems OK for me. Are you sure about the credentials of your end-user account asked in your /authorize request ?

You can check the correct email address of your installation in your Home + Control application in “Account” section in the menu

You must use the credentials of your Home + Control application to access your plants. Otherwise, you will retrieve a 200 OK response but with an empty plant

Have a good day,

Hello Ges,

I think we found why you have this issue. Can you please test :

• Go in your Home + Control application
  • Menu > My account > Third-party applications
  • At the bottom click on the link “I can’t install a partner application”
  • Follow the steps

Can you please tell me if it resolved your issue ?

Thanks and have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

I also have the problem that I receive an empty plantid object after a request.

I tried pasting my application id after the url https://partners-login.eliotbylegrand.com/consent?guid= “my id” and clicked on accept but got an error message stating the site is unreachable.

The email in my account settings matches the one I use to authenticate.

I can’t see what I am doing wrong, could you please assist?

Jon

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Jon Hall.

Hello Jon,

The URL you tried doesn’t work

First of all, I invite you to use the Try-it function to see if you are able to get information from your devices. Please note that the credentials to use for authentication in the pop-up are the email and password from your Home + Control end-user account

If it works, that means that you are able to perform the /authorize and /token requests as described in the documentation (https://developer.legrand.com/tutorials/0auth2-end-point-url/)

If it still doesn’t work, please tell me at which step you are blocked (you can include screenshots if needed)

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

Without the plantid’s I can’t get any further with the try it functions.

I get as far as the included screenshot, after going to this url:https://partners-login.eliotbylegrand.com/authorize?client_id=myapplicationid&redirect_uri=http://legrand.redhead.nl/callback/

Once I click on accept I get the message that the site is unreachable.

Kind regard,

Jon

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Jon,

This screenshot comes from the authentication process, where your user has to accept consents in order for the third-party app to access its data. You can’t retrieve your plantID with it

The easiest way to retrieve your plantID is to follow these instructions :

• Sign up with your Works with Legrand account. You must have subscribed to the Starter Kit
  • Go on the “API” drop down menu, click on “APIS LIST” and choose the Smarther API or Home + Control API
  • On the left, click on “GET Plants” for the Smarther or “GET Get users’ plants” for Home + Control. Then go in the “Try it”
  • In Authorization section, choose “Authorization code” for ELIOT – Azure AD B2C – OpenID Connect for the Smarther or OAuth Server for Try it Eliot API for Home + Control. If you are logged in, other information are already filled up
  • A popup will be opened. Fill the information and validate
  • Click on “Send” button and retrieve the ID of the plant in the Response content

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

Thanks for your reply.

I still get an empty plantid object, as you can gather from the included screenshot.

Kind regards,

Jon

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jon,

In most cases, an empty plant comes from the credentials given in the pop-up from the Try-It which are not correct. Please ensure that :

• You can correctly see your devices in your Home + Control application
  • Your Works with Legrand application’s status is OK (green) and you subscribed to Starter Kit
  • You are using the credentials from your Home + Control end-user account where you can see these devices (and not the credentials of your Works with Legrand developer account)

Have a good day,

Hello, i have the same problem, i unify the password for all account, but nothing change. when i try to get plantID the response is the seguent:

<h4 style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_light, ‘Segoe UI Light’, ‘Segoe WP Light’, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-weight: 500; line-height: 1.1; color: #be097f; margin-top: 11px; margin-bottom: 11px; font-size: 1.3em;”>Response status</h4>
<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 11px; color: #575757; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-size: 14px;” data-bind=”text: statusCode() + ‘ ‘ + statusDescription()”>204 No Content</p>

<h4 style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_light, ‘Segoe UI Light’, ‘Segoe WP Light’, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-weight: 500; line-height: 1.1; color: #be097f; margin-top: 11px; margin-bottom: 11px; font-size: 1.3em;”>Response latency</h4>
<span style=”box-sizing: border-box; color: #575757; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-size: 14px;” data-bind=”text: latency”>97</span><span style=”color: #575757; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-size: 14px;”> ms</span>
<h4 style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_light, ‘Segoe UI Light’, ‘Segoe WP Light’, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-weight: 500; line-height: 1.1; color: #be097f; margin-top: 11px; margin-bottom: 11px; font-size: 1.3em;”>Response content</h4>
<div id=”consoleResponse” class=”snippet” style=”box-sizing: border-box; overflow: auto; position: relative; max-width: 942px; color: #575757; font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Segoe WP’, Tahoma, Arial, ‘sans-serif’; font-size: 14px;”>

<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', 'monospace'; font-size: inherit; padding: 0px; color: inherit; background-color: transparent; border-radius: 0px;" data-bind="text: headers">Warning: No Content
X-OneAgent-JS-Injection: true
X-MULE_SESSION: 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
Node_Id: nd1
http.status: 204
Service_Release: 3.25.3
Server-Timing: dtSInfo;desc="1"
Set-Cookie: dtCookie=v_4_srv_1_sn_01F3A86C9B551CF963C8EA42F712D1D8_perc_100000_ol_0_mul_1_app-3A92b2bc745bf97c61_1_rcs-3Acss_0; Path=/; Domain=.myhomeweb.com,My_prod_session=!ac9SHoxj7iUtPOco/jqsa5TwmA4UXUDV89cEMIcHJhljbLiYSaHIPCYxh3q+BwyQ8EDgVd/MagZspWNXs9QWvCKBSUZfBy/ZzzqncS4=; path=/; Httponly; Secure
Request-Context: appId=cid-v1:17d898fc-adbd-487e-96a4-c4287796f34d
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 07:41:18 GMT
Content-Length: 0

<code style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, ‘Courier New’, ‘monospace’; font-size: inherit; padding: 0px; color: inherit; background-color: transparent; border-radius: 0px;” data-bind=”text: headers”>”

What can i do?

</div>

Hello,

I don’t well understand your log. Please first assure you followed the instructions already described in the previous posts and that you use the credentials in the popup of your end-user account on the Netatmo application (you must have devices linked to it)

If you still don’t manage to make it work please send me a screenshot of the query and the response from the Try-It + the end-user account email you use via the contact form

Have a good day,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.