Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Home + Security EOS 300 – new home in app

I have added 16 x different Netatmo devices (presence, welcome, door-ring, sensors) to my Home + Security account, and everything works flawlessly.

A few days ago, I purchased and installed an EOS 300. When I try to add it to the Home + Security app by scanning its QR code, instead of the app asking if I want to add the EOS 300 to my current home, the only option I have is to create a new home within my Security app account.

In the end, I have some devices assigned to Home1 and the EOS 300 to Home2.

Please help. I want all devices in one home.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by CuDaK.

Hello,

As your question deals with the device’s configuration in our app, I strongly advise you to contact the Customer Support of your country : https://qna.legrand.com/classe-300-eos/customer-service

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Leslie – hmm I think we are talking about some kind of bug in home+ security app … so customer service will not help here.

To add more details to my issue… After finishing the installation of EOS 300, I am trying to add the device to Home + app by scanning qr code, then I should see the step with my home selection but I can only create the new one.

Hi again,

I took a look at your installation, it seems that you also have a Home + Control (Magellan) gateway in your first Home. According to our internal documentation it’s a wanted behavior to block the possibility to add a C300EOS in a Home already having a Magellan gateway

You could try to reinstall the Magellan gateway in an other Home, and then re-try the installation of your C300EOS to see if the first Home is now available

Once more, Customer Supports has way more knowledge than me when it deals with installation questions, so you should contact them if it still doesn’t work

Have a good day,

Sounds good, thank you – I will try 🙂

By the way: You should have a global Customer Care center for Netatmo, Legrand, and Bticino to solve that kind of thing… It was 10 min vs. a possible couple of days.

All the best!

Leslie

Please check my config one more time… I removed Home + Control (Magellan) and still cannot select the existing home in Security app.

Additionally, one of the guys who is installing Legrand, Bticino.com, Netatmo products suggested deleting my first “home” and starting from scratch which I am taking as a joke because I cannot even imagine adding all my Netatmo presence cameras + all sensors from all doors and windows – help !

I can add EOS 300 in a separate home, and maybe you can manually reassign the device to my core home ?:)

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by CuDaK.
  • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by CuDaK.

Yes, starting from scratch is the generic answer when a problem occurs (and it’s often the good solution). I don’t find infos about a specific installation behavior when a C300EOS is installed after Netatmo Security solutions …

On my side I only have reading rights on installations and not writing. And I’m not sure that it’s technically possible for the Support to do this even with the correct rights.

You can try to ask it to them. Meanwhile you could try to move 1 Outdoor camera to the C300EOS Home to be sure that integrations are correctly working

Unfortunately the last solution will be to reinstall the devices in the 2nd Home (… which I agree would be painful regarding all the devices you already have)

Have a good day,

Leslie,

Thank you for your answer.

I prefer to give back the device and be a really unhappy Customer instead of reinstalling all my devices (everything is added to homekit, apple shortcut – all automation must be recreated)…. How I can move this case to the support of the app ?

Contacting Customer Service is not a solution because they have nothing to do with app development in my country….

I do believe this case will be replicated by other users in the future… and from a logical point of view will be better to solve this issue by redoing the app 🙂

Thank you for you help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiM5ml2UA0w 

Check the attached picture or rewind YT movie at 1:41

It must be a solution … the above step/screen exists in the app 🙂 – maybe the Android app will be ok ? – Does anyone know?

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi again,

I don’t know if it’s a pure app issue or more a backend process preventing you to choose the correct Home. In any case, it deals with installation so the Support is supposed to bring help or to report to the developers if needed

What is the smartphone you use and its OS version ? I’ll try to find someone who knows the exact process and explain the problem

Have a good day,

Leslie,

I get you – actualy, it looks more like a backend process …

I am trying on various devices with IOS … for instance, iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 17 and the newest Security app … additionally, I tried with iPad and iOS 16,x as well …

Thank you!

I sent an internal ticket with all informations. I’ll tell you once I have a feedback or if I need more info

Have a good day,

Leslie,

One more time – big thank you for your effort … if needed, please share my email with the tech team to speed up the communication, or we can continue to discuss here 🙂

Best regards

Hi again,

Bad news, but I highly suspected it was that. I had an answer from the teams :

It’s not possible to add a C300EOS (Or a Myhomeserver1) in a Home where there are existing Netatmo Security devices, a Magellan gateway, or a Smarther2 with Netatmo

The only solution is to reset your Netatmo Security devices and then re-install them in the Home where your C300EOS is. It can’t be done remotely by us

Teams are working to find a solution in the future to make it work, but if it’s impossible they will make this usecase clearer in the app (I don’t have an availaibilty date if they manage to do that). I let you see if you find the force to re-do the installation or if you send back your C300EOS !

Have a good day,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.