Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

How to change Zigbee channel for Ref. 067773

Hi, Leslie,

First of all, let me check, if it is possible to use wireless switches as pure Zigbee 3.0 devices, similar to wired devices described here (https://developer.legrand.<wbr />com/documentation/how-it-<wbr />works/)? As far as I understand, according to https://developer.legrand.com/documentation/compatible-product/, ZLE-18 can be used as pure Zigbee 3.0 device and can join third-party Zigbee 3.0 network. Right?

If yes, is it possible to change Zigbee channel on Ref. 067773. According to this manual ((https://www.legrandoc.com/<wbr />067773L), it is possible to change Zigbee channel for Ref. 067773L with holding EZ button and Down button for 5 secs, see pic below. Does this procedure work with Ref. 067773?

Best regards, Sergey.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Sergey,

You can use wireless switches as pure ZigBee 3.0 devices. It includes devices from ZLE18 product type

The process to change a channel is different if you are with a wired switch, a wireless one, or a wireless/batteryless one

• Wired switch : it’s the procedure from your screenshot
  • Wireless switch with battery : when you reset the device, it will scan the 16 possible channels (feature available starting NLT-50 firmware). If a network is opened – and if your gateway accepts it -, your device will log on it. If several channels are opened, it could be difficult to detect the correct one. The best is (if possible) not to open several networks, or to use a software with a programing console to choose a specific channel
  • Wireless and batteryless switch : you have to do the manipulation from the notice as many times as necessary to scan all channels

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Leslie, thanks a lot. I will try today and will report back.

Hello Leslie, hi Sergey,

I tested using a wireless switch with battery as pure Zigbee 3.0 device. However I do not get the same colour-coding/info as detailed in the documentation (https://developer.legrand.com/documentation/how-it-works/). When I reset the switch (long press on EZ button), and I remove it from the Home+control app, i think that it immediately connects back to the Legrand gateway, and not the gateway I want it to connect to  (philips Hue bridge). So when I press the EZ button to put the switch in network scan mode, I get a blinking green light, instead of red/magenta. How can i prevent the switch from connecting to the Legrand Gateway? Switch is in firmware v50.

Thanks!

Fred

PS: there’s a typo on the documentation, it’s “hole” not “whole” 🙂

Hi,

I have easily paired my wireless switch with my third-party Zigbee 3.0 coordinator (Home Assistant with ZHA)

1) Start pairing procedure on your coordinator

2) QUIT network on wireless switch.  10 seconds push on EZ button, 1 second Red.

3) JOIN network with  Short push. Red and then Solid Magenta upon join. The device is in Init state.

4) Wait a bit. And push EZ one more time. The device is in Config state.

5) Push EZ again. The device is finally configured and joined the network.

I will now try with other wireless devices to polish the procedure.

Leslie, thanks for your support.

Hello. How to add a Legrand Netatmo wireless switch to another prosucent’s Zigbee gate (Philips Hue)?

Hi Mateusz,
I don’t thank that you can connect Legrand Wireless switch to Philips Hue bridge, the Philips bridge seems to be locked. I’m not sure that you can connect any third-party Zigbee device to the Hue bridge, except those licensed by Philips.

What I did was the other way, connect Philips Hue bulbs to the Legrand gateway, for me works great, and they show up in HomeKit. For the moment I’m still testing, but control from Legrand app and via switches seem stable. Control via HomeKit can be a bit unstable, but rarely.

Hope it helps!

Fred

Hi Fred,

I have a problem after adding Philips Hue bulbs. They work for a while and then become unavailable. What am I doing wrong? I add bulbs through the Control application.

Thx!

Hi Mateusz,

I tried with a Philips Hue Lightstrip, no problems for me (but just one so maybe better stability).

Are your lights unavailable in Homekit if you’re using, or in the Control app? And do the wireless switches work if you have some? Maybe you can try to update the Philips lights via Hue app, and making sure the Legrand Gateway is also up to date – contact Legrand for that.

For me the rare times when lights weren’t available in Homekit, the switches still worked. I did have a couple of weird flashes one day, but quickly stopped.

Cheers!

No problems for me either with HUE.

Added so far 3 E27 HUE bulbs via the Control+ on Android by selecting Smart Lights option.

TIP

CONNECT all the HUE lamps,strips,wall + ceiling lights to the Philips Bluetooth APP or to the Bridge to have the latest firmware.

Afterwards add them to the Netatmo HUB.

Also have in mind that when you connect other items to the Netatmo HUB they cannot receive their official firmware. So you must check manually

via the official app for each of the products.

I think Ledvance and OSRAM work also. And newer WIZ (basically cheaper HUE lineup)  lamps have the Netatmo sign on the package.

Dear Sergey

I am trying to connect a Legrand double commande wireless switch version 067724 to Home Assistant and ZHA via the same procedure you described. I am able to connect the switch and I can see the entity in HA.

However, even if I see the 2 sensors (for both switches), they remain in “desactivated” state when I press any of the two buttons. Battery sensor state is also “unknown”.

I was wondering if I had the right firmware but I have difficulties to see where I can check it. In the Home  + Control Legrang app, I see for for this switch version 31. I don’t know what is stands for compared to NLT-50 version mentionned above.

Any hints for solvind this problem ?

Many thanks.

Eric

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Eric Balian.

Eric,

your device is likely unsupported in ZHA, and you will need to write a custom quirk for it. You can ask for assistance with this in the Zigbee-Device-Handlers GitHub board.

I’m relatively certain that device is already supported in Zigbee2MQTT. I know that I’ve seen a 2-button switch script in the .js file for Legrand devices. If it is not supported, I found it to be much easier to write scripts for Zigbee converters in Z2M than in ZHA.

Thank you for your answer Brant,

I am quite new at this. Could you tell me wehre to find the “<span style=”color: #575757; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”>Zigbee-Device-Handlers GitHub board”.</span>

I am also looking how to use ZHA Toolikt for this but still trying to identify where to look at.

Eric,

https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers

Thanks for the link.

I was not able to receive any information on HA from the double gang switch using zha_event, unfortunately.

I will ask on the Github.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.