Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

How to enable “toggle mode” on NLT in Zigbee 3.0 mode?

Dear Leslie,

I have another question about NLT device.

I have several NLT devices connected to Legrand gateway. They work in “toggle mode”, similar to NLF devices. “Toggle mode” means, that I can press either On (lower)  or Off (upper) button to turn the light On, and I can also press On or Off button to turn the light Off.

I also have several NLT devices connected to third-party Zigbee 3.0 gateway.  But behavior of these NLT devices is different. In order to turn the light On, I have to press only On (lower) button on NLT device, and in order to turn the light Off I have to press Off button on NLT device. This is different from both NLT devices connected through Legrand gateway and NLF devices.

How to switch NLT devices to “toggle mode”?

Best regards,

Sergey Morozov.

Few more clarification about “toggle mode”. I found these two posts:

Toggle when pressing

Turn off when pressing up and turn on when pressing down

As far as I understand, “toggle mode” is definitely configurable. Maybe it is possible through manufacturer specific cluster commands/attributes.

Dear Leslie,

Let me clarify a little bit. NLF devices are always in Toggle mode, i.e. it doesn’t matter if they are connected to Legrand Hub or any third-party hub. But NLT devices are different, they are in Toggle mode if they are connected to Legrand Hub, and they are in On/Off mode if they are connected to any third-party hub.

Toggle mode uses “Toggle” command of On/Off cluster, while On/Off mode uses “On” and “Off” commands of On/Off cluster.

Can you please fix this?

Best regards,
Sergey Morozov.

Dear Leslie,

The most appropriate solution is implementation of “On/Off Switch Configuration” (0x0007) cluster. This cluster has mandatory attribute SwitchType. Is it possible?

Best regards,

Sergey Morozov.

Hello Sergey,

I finally had answers from developers :

When we did a change on switches ergonomy, we didn’t do it for switches in Z3.0 mode because it wasn’t possible to update them. Otherwise, we could have different behaviors with different switches in a same installation. As soon as firmware for wireless commands will be available for update, the modification should be done

Have a good day,

Leslie  – Community Manager

Hi, Leslie,

I don’t fully understand your answer. You wrote that NLT devices work in On/Off mode in Z3.0. But why in this case NLF devices in Z3.0 mode work in Toggle mode?  Why is the behavior different?

Still, I would let users decide the behavior of the switch. Adding support of “On/Off Switch Configuration” (0x0007) cluster is the most natural and Z3.0 compliant way to do it. Can you please implement this cluster in NLT and NLF devices.

Best regards,

Sergey Morozov.

Hi Leslie,

Sorry for revitalizing an old post, but since it is unanswered, I would guess it’s better than opening a new one.

I have several NLF (752184) and NLT (752185) devices that I would like to integrate in my Home Assistant installation. So far, I have been trying to achieve the same configurations with a single NLF, to validate that I can actually use them.

When used with the Legrand Gateway, the NLF device operates in Toggle Mode, i.e., both buttons can be used to turn on/off the light. However, when used with the 3rd party Zigbee Coordinator, I cannot get this toggle functionality. The down button now turns on the light, and the up button turns it off. There still is no 0x0007 cluster, so is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you,

Carlos Posse

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Carlos Posse.

Hello Carlos,

The toggle function is specific to the Legrand gateway. When the product joins a ZigBee 3rd party gateway, the up and down buttons are deterministic. So, unfortunately, this parameter can’t be modified

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Ok so you mean to tell me that when I press a button on my switches, the button sends the event to the gateway, and the gateway sends a toggle command to the switch, or something of the sorts? In summary, the gateway not only receives events from a switch but is actively involved in each toggle?

Thank you,

Carlos Posse

Hi,

I’m having the same issue. These people too : https://community.jeedom.com/t/tuto-legrand-with-netatmo-configuration-avancee-des-equipements/58368/27

I doubt the gateway is involved in each toggle, since the function works perfectly even if you switch it off.

So there must be some setup to enable this function. Leslie, would you be able to share it ?

Cheers,

Olivier.

Hello Olivier,

I re-asked the question to the developers, here is their answer :

“I confirm that this behavior is still actual. It would be technically possible to change this to allow toogle on 3rd party networks, but nothing is planned about it. The main reason is to avoid to create frustration for users used to this control mode”

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.