Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

How to link L4684 touch screen with MH202 scenario programmer?

Hi,

I would like to use an L4684 3,5″ touch screen to call up a scenario from an MH202 scenario programmer, using the CEN mode. However I cannot get it to work and wanted to ask here for help.

The Touch Screen is using the latest firmware 6.0.11. According to the CEN specification, it should be able to send CEN and CEN PLUS commands. I found that in the document linked below on page 24.

https://developer.legrand.com/uploads/2019/12/WHO_15-25.pdf

On the touch screen there are three commands related to scenarios, the SCENARIO, the SCENARIO MODULE and the SCENARIO PLUS. I assume that SCENARIO sends CEN commands, while SCENARIO MODULE is intended to be used with an F420. SCENARIO PLUS seems to be something different than the CEN commands and offers additional control (ON/OFF, +/- commands for one scenario). From the configuration parameters the touch screen offers for SCENARIO, I assume they are normal CEN commands, not CEN PLUS commands since it is configured with an A/PL combination, not a scenario address.

So, to send CEN commands I tried the SCENARIO, see the first attached screenshot, set it up with an A/PL combination and button 1 as command.

On the MH202 I tried to catch this with the CEN object set to the same A/PL/button values. I tried to catch either the short pressure or the start pressure command, but neither works.

I can get the scenario to start using the SCENARIO PLUS command on the touch screen and catching it with the Scenario Plus object in the MH202, but that is not what I want, I do not need those four controls but want to show only the single ON button on the touch screen.

Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong and how I could link the two devices using CEN commands?

You must be logged in to view attached files.

I tried now to setup a 4680 scenario control with A=9/PL=1 and with that one the scenario is triggered correctly. So the issue really seems to be that the 4684 touch screen is not sending out the CEN message as expected.

Is there any tool I could use to “sniff” the message sent out by the 4684 to better understand what it is doing and how I could catch that message in the MH202?

I have now found the OpenWebNet client and was able to “sniff” the messages. It seems that the touch screen is not sending any messages when using the SCENARIO command. I can see messages sent by the touch screen for light switch controls or the shutters, but the SCENARIO command does not send out any messages, and I am a bit at loss why …

I have come to the conclusion that this is simply a bug in the 4684 touch screen.

Tried now the improved scenarios page on the touch screen and there the SCHEDULED SCENARIO. When I set it up to send out a CEN message, everything works correctly. Only when using the older scenarios page and there the SCENARIO, no message is sent. The configuration of both is the same, and apart from a bug I do not have any explanation why one works and the other does not.

See also the two screenshots to make clear what works and what does not.

Not sure if there is any way to let BTicino know about such a bug? And if they’d care to fix it in such an old device?

In case anyone is facing the same challenges, I now wrote a blog post about adding the MH202 to our system and its integration with our 4651/2, 4652/2 and 4680 controls as well as the 4684 touch screen:

https://www.the-ninth.com/blog/bticino-mh202

Hello Robert,

I opened an internal ticket to the team in charge of MH202. I’ll tell you once I have an answer

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thanks!

Btw, also found a bug in some older 4652/2 controls. Those buttons support what the Open Web Net specification calls Evolved <span class=”caps”>CEN</span>, with different events for when a button is pressed shortly or for an extended time. In case of a short press on the button there are two events, the first when the button is pressed and the second when it is released. The issue the older 4652/2 controls have is that for the first event they send out the physical button number and only for the second event they send out the configured virtual button number.

Some screenshots of the issue attached.

Not sure if it is even possible to update the firmware of those devices to fix them, would be interesting to know that. I tested it with newer 4652/2 devices, and they work correctly. See the last screenshot and the next one which I will post.

And here the second screenshot from the newer device which works correctly.

Hello Robert,

Here is the answer I got from our internal support :

If customer has last firmware of touch and MH202, I think that it is not a BUG ( we have more installations with Scenario CEN PLUS from touch screen without problems )

From software of L4684, you must select: Scenario plus

Put the address, for example 2 ( It must be univocal and not used for another Scenario plus ) and send the configuration.

From software of MH202 ( into Myhome suite ) you must put “scenario plus”in “start” and put the same address 2 put in the L4684.

Here you can find the software manual of MH202 and it can help the customer to configure it : checkout (homesystems-legrandgroup.com)

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Yes, I know that that the “SCENARIO PLUS” based on CEN+ messaging is working, but that does not explain why the normal “SCENARIO” is not working. 😉

On the touch screen’s user interface the “SCENARIO PLUS” always includes the OFF/ON and dimming controls, which is not suitable for all applications. What works better is the “SCHEDULED SCENARIO”, which will only display those buttons that are enabled in the configuration, and it supports both CEN and CEN+.

But still that does not explain why the normal “SCENARIO” is not working and not sending out any messages at all. That still looks like a bug.

Regards, Robert

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.