Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

How to OTA FW on Legrand Valena Next

I have several wireless Legrand switches type 7 418 13 and recently bought another one that is not discovered automatically by my HomeKit Integration. Everything else I have of Legrand and Netatmo equipment are all discovered automatically and works well.

This “new” switch works as it should using the Legrand Home+Control App and is correctly listed under “Manage my Home” and functionally linked to a Legrand Micromodule Dimmer, and it works.  But it is absent in the HomeKit Integration.

Then I discovered that it has firmware version 30 while all my other wireless switches of the same type (7 418 13) has firmware version 70.

So, how can I update the firmware in this switch?

Please help.

Hello,

Indeed there is a minimum firmware version needed for a switch to be recognized in HomeKit. The problem surely comes from here. OTA updates are automatic, we don’t have any way to remotely launch them

My advice would be, if possible, to regularly push the wired switch linked to it during the day. It will accelerate the launch of an update request to our servers. Usually the update takes 24 to 48 hours

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Indeed, you are correct – it has automatically updated and is now also at version 70, like all the others.
Thank you so much for that information.

But, it still isn’t discovered by the HomeKit Integration (!)
Is there anything else I can/should do to make it “discoverable” ?

Rgds

Oyvind

Hello Oyvind,

I advise you to do a HomeKit reboot : https://qna.legrand.com/home-control/c7734c50-ffa1-464c-87d5-33d0e9006ad6/MGL0013?lang=en-GB

Beware to release the gear button just after the red flash, otherwise with a few more seconds you will reset all the installation

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie, and many thanks for your superb support!

I did HomeKit reboot, but to no avail. What I had to do was to completely delete the switch from the Legrand Network, reset it and then re-add it to the net. Then it was immediately auto-discovered.

So now, I’m happy again 🙂

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback ! Normally it’s automatic, but maybe the jump from a very old version to the latest one can cause problems

I forward this to developers and Support teams for information 😉

Have a good day,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

5 replies
2 participants