Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

How to reset Legrand Gateway (with socket) and how to upgrade firmware

I bought Legrand starter pack (https://ekatalog.legrand.at/produkt/752196) and tried connecting it to Apple Homekit. After fighting it for several hours I managed to connect Gateway and several light switches, all items had green LED indicator, but my gateway kept disconnecting for no reason (no green LED and all devices was not responding), so I have removed all the devices from Homekit and tried adding the devices again. Now they do not have green LED indicator. I can control them physically and via mobile app and can locate them (blue blinking LED indicator) but no green LED light. The response time is slow now. So my question is:

1. What does green LED indicator mean?

2. Why green LED indicator is not present after I added the devices for the second time?

3. How do I factory reset the gateway? For “american style” gateway there is EZ button which I should hold for 20 seconds, but I have version for Europe and cannot locate this EZ button on a gateway.

4. Is there a way to force firmware update? I believe a lot of issues could be fixed with newest firmware.

I usually don’t write in forums, but with no documentation of your devices I have no other choice.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Valdas G.

Hey Valdas,

I came across your post while looking for answers to the same problem myself.

Funny enough, I found the answer in the link you posted for the Legrand starter pack. It references a manual PDF (https://ekatalog.legrand.at/produkt/752196), which mentions on how to reset the gateway (turns out, there IS an EZ button in the european version). See section 4 – “Operation”. Attaching a screenshot.

For me, resetting the gateway solved Homekit issues, which I was facing to be detected by Home Assistant.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I was so close… Anyway, thanks for posting your findings!

Hi (again) Valdas,

To answer your questions :

1. What does green LED indicator mean? <= a staying green light means that the gateway is in pairing mode (after a push on the 2 buttons of the Home/Away switch)

2. Why green LED indicator is not present after I added the devices for the second time? <= after a few minutes without any pairing, the light automatically turns OFF. If you re-opened your network it should be back to staying green

3. How do I factory reset the gateway? For “american style” gateway there is EZ button which I should hold for 20 seconds, but I have version for Europe and cannot locate this EZ button on a gateway. <= answer given this morning following your email and by Tomas 😉

4. Is there a way to force firmware update? I believe a lot of issues could be fixed with newest firmware. <= we have automatic OTA firmware updates but no way to “force” them. A solution could be to cut off/on the power of your gateway : it will launch a firmware check on our side

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.