Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Is it possible to have multiple gateways in the same “home”

I’ll start with a positive, which is that using the Smart light integration, and replacing Hue Sync with Nanoleaf 4D, I’ve been able to remove my Hue Hub.

The bad news is that it seems that some of my devices are a tad far away from the Legrand gateway which is in my Garage… behind a very thick wall (I live in a Cornish cottage which is originally Cob with an 1850’s update of Solid Granite).

So, my question is can I add a 2nd gateway to the house which will cover the front of the house and will it still all operate as a single home, or is the concept of “home” tied to a single gateway?

Thanks

Siobhan

Hello Siobhan,

It’s not possible to have several Gateways in the same Home. If you have a second Gateway, it will be linked to a new Home and will only control devices linked to it (but you can have them in the same account and switch between Homes)

But each devices (wireless switches for example) act as a ZigBee repeater to communicate with the Gateway in a mesh network via other installed devices. So, you could optimize your Magellan network mesh by adding or moving some devices

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi again Leslie,

thanks for the response.

Are Hue lights part of that mesh or not…. or do you not know?

The reason I ask is that it is currently some of my Hue lights that seem to be at the extremes.

Thanks

Hi again,

Yes, Hue lights are part of the mesh. In fact, every ZigBee compatible device linked to the network will be a repeater

But if your bulbs are a bit far away from an other correctly working Zigbee device, it’s maybe indeed a reception distance problem

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.