Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Legrand 752184 Firmware 72 bricked

Hi,

I have a couple of 752184 Dimmer switches w/o Neutral and they recently updated to firmware 72.

However, one of the switches stopped responding, and is unconnected from the gateway.

No LEDS light up, even if I hit the configuration button.

However, the Load output is always active. This means that the lights the switch control are always on. I also tried reseting using the breaker but as soon as I turn it on, the lights also lit up. The on and off buttons on the switch itself don’t do anything.

I am almost positive this was due a bad firmware deploy.

My local Legrand representative says they can’t do anything because it is out of warranty.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Jose Ventura.

Hello José,

Do you still have the issue ? It’s the NLF from the Garage room ?

I see in your account that the NLF in the Garage is disconnected. But it can’t be following the firmware update as the switch stopped working on 10/08 and it updated on 24/07 (I don’t saw any other similar issue reported)

Also, your Home/Away wireless switch is also disconnected for a while (no precise date, but the last update was nearly 1 year ago). After resetting the switch you must use the Home/Away remote switch to put the Gateway in acquisition mode

So, you should first fix the problem with the Home/Away switch, and then try to re-associate your dimmer switch by following the procedure in the Home + Control app

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Yes, it is the Garage Switch indeed.

Since the switch was out of warranty, I decided to do a little of detective work and the issue is some short circuit on the 3.3V. The main Atmel micro-controller over-heats instantly so it seems is something related to the “clever” side of the switch. If I have more free time, I will dig a bit more.

Regarding the Home/Away switch it seems a bit odd because I added a new double button switch 2-3 weeks ago and I used the Master switch to do the pairing.

Also, may I ask how Legrand as access to my house and more data then myself?

I also have two active homes and a couple more that were related to some tests. How can I deleted empty homes?

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as Jose Ventura with a 067721 switch.

I was never able to include it in my installation because, at the first ignition after installation, it got stuck in ON mode (light on) and pressing (short or long) on ​​the configuration button did nothing .

On the other hand, I am not an electronics engineer to find the fault.

Do you think, Leslie, that I can have a gesture from Legrand because I don’t have a bill.

Thanks in advance

Hello José,

It’s OK now for the availability of your Home/Away switch, it was surely only a temporary missing info in my tool

I have access to the Customer Support tool, I indeed have some more information for investigation but most of them can also be known by you via the Home + Control app or API calls. I can’t perform changes on installations as I just have reading rights

In the app, empty Homes (without gateway) are not visible anymore. You only see them as a proposal at the creation of a new Home. The only solution is to ask a developer to delete them. If it’s OK for you, please provide me with the names of the Homes to delete and I’ll ask a dev to do it

@Jose & @Christophe, can you please write me directly via the contact form with :

• name of your Legrand representative (José)
  • details of the loads plugged to the switch
  • a photo of the switch (for Christophe, especially the label at the back of the switch)
  • your address

I’ll try to see if we can do something for you 😉

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello Leslie,

I sent you my answer via the contact form.

I answered you a first time then a more complete answer this morning with the info of the module (cannot attach a photo as attachment)

thank you for your help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.