Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Legrand Excel Life Smart Netatmo – “Connection Issue” on APP

Hi all, would appreciate some help if possible! I am having difficulty re-connecting the Legrand 412181 on the Control+ rendering all my light switches completely useless.

I purchased the 412181 gateway and 9 switches back in November 2022 and had the electrician set it all up and recently moved in January. When I had the internet connected and using my Orbi RKB852 router, I set the gateway up and and connected most my switches. I say most because at this point, for some reason some of my switches were not turning green when I opened the network by pressing the button on the 412181 gateway. Anyways, I continued with the setting up and added the lights to Homekit as well as Google home. Everything was working perfectly – aside from the few switches that were not green at the time of setup so I could not add it to the app and control on my phone. I should say, all the lights work manually at the wall and these are all light switches connected at the wall with a neutral. Summary of the situation:

– 5 x 1-gang: 3 working, 2 not turning green

– 2 x 2-gang: both working, but both had 1 button not turning green

– 2 x 3-gang: both working, but both had 1 button not turning green

So then I emailed my local Australian Legrand to ask how I setup these lights not turning green! They suggested to delete all the lights off my app, including the gateway then to take the wall plate off and press the cogwheel for every switch until it flashed red. Following this they suggested to power cycle my house for 5 minutes at the main switch. So I did that..

Now all the lights turn green when the network is opened – yay! BUT a bigger problem occured – I am now unable to connect the gateway on the app, rendering all my lights unaccessible and no longer ‘smart’. I have gone from more than 50% of my house accessible, to now NONE of them because my gateway refuses to connect on the app. What makes this even worse is that without connecting the lights to the Legrand Control+ App, I can’t even dim the dimmable lights which I could when I first connected it.

I am using the exact same wifi network and router so I don’t know why. So then I thought maybe it was a 2.4GHz issue because I am using a Netgear Orbi RKB852 – so I deleted my home wifi from my phone, connected onto the 2.4GHz band (confirmed by comparing my IP address to the list of connected devices on the orbi app) but the same error came up. Maybe it was the router problem? So I bought a TP-link extender with both 2.4GHz and turned off the 5GHz. I connected my phone to the 2.4GHz frequency and still the same error. So now I don’t even know what the problem is. I considered purchasing a new router if 2.4GHz was the issue because the Orbi only has 1 band with 2.4GHz and 5GHz (although I can force my phone to connect at 2.4GHz) – but the extender which is only connecting on the 2.4GHz frequency doesn’t work either and the same issue occurs.

To clarify – when connecting, I am able to pass the “searching for your product” screen on the Control+ app and it is at the “connecting to your product” that it displays the “connection issue” after about 30 seconds. If I press “retry”, it only takes about 10 seconds before it gives up and gives me the same error – this leads me to think it is an APP problem, not the gateway, nor switch, nor router or extender problem.

Can someone please help? I called the local technical support office and they said “send us an email” and after a few replies, now I’m getting the silent treatment. Legrand customer service has turned my situation from bad to worse and now they refuse to reply to my emails. And yes, I have deleted the app completely from my phone and re-downloaded it and still no luck.

The switches and gateway were only purchased 2 months ago. I feel like I’ve tried all possibilities – if anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone in advance.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Nelson,

As this forum is mainly aimed at helping developers using our APIs, the local Customer Supports remain the better way to get help when it deals with installation problems (even if I understood they didn’t bring you a solution). Don’t hesitate to call them back if they don’t give you a feedback after 4/5 days

Some elements that could help you :

• I confirm that the solution only works with a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
  • I took a look at your account : you have a Home created but no products linked to it. So, I suppose you correctly did a gateway reset (push more than 5 seconds on the gear button in front of the 412181 until a staying red LED appears)
  • According to what you said your router is correctly configured for this. To totally exclude the possibility, you could set your Smartphone as a personal Wi-Fi access point and verify it uses the 2.4GHz. Then, reset your gateway (push more than 5 seconds on the gear button until the LED stays red). Finally, re-do the configuration of your gateway : cut-off/on power, 3 seconds click on gear button until it blinks green and once the network opened try to add a product via the Home + Control app
  • If it works, it can be a router problem. If it still doesn’t work I unfortunately don’t have more idea about the reason 🙁

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie, thank you for your reply.

Correct my home has no products linked because I have been unable to re-add my gateway to connect my light switches.

I actually spent $179 AUD today to buy an Asus RT-AX54HP dual band router, and specifically connected to the 2.4GHz frequency only – was still unable to connect the gateway.

I am not sure if I have ever ‘reset’ my gateway before by pressing the gear button until the LED stayed red – I did this with all the switches until they turned red by pressing the cogwheel button, but not the gateway itself. I’ve only ever pressed it until it stays solid green, and again when it flashed green.

Let me try and see if this works!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.