Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Legrand Next with Netatmo – zigbee 3.0 update ?

Hi Leslie,

I contacted you a while ago, its been quite a while actually. I originally got my Power outlets and also switches (both wired and remote). These are named “Legrand Next with Netatmo” and were bought in Spain for use in Spain.

I was never able to integrate very well into my home automation system because its was dependent on the official app Home + Control (i think that was the name) and also the API only allowed 500 calls per day.

I heard a rumour 🙂 That the devices can now be used with Zigbee 3.0 ? I know before they kind of was zigbee but wasn’t 100% compatible.

So my question is, can I update the firmware? I presume once I update the firmware to zigbee 3.0 then they become zigbeee devices ONLY and i can connect them via my own Zigbeee radio receiver that works with other devices I have?

There was a webpage on legran that outlines some zigbee firmware but it wasn’t very well explained if my products are supported or no. They had lots of product codes and no mention of Spain.

Could you confirm if in fact they are now supported and how I go about updating these devices ?

Also I presume I don’t need anything special from Legrand to do this ?

After the update – I presume the devices will no longer work with the mobile app that is offered by Legrand because they are now 100% Zigbee products – or is this wrong ?

I am very eager to convert them over if I can as I don’t want to use the remote API with only 500 calls per day and i prefer everything local. I want to use NodeRED so with all the automation i want to do, the amount of API calls would exceed the max, with Zigbee real devices – this would no longer be an issue for me.

Look forward to your reply.

Hello Ian,

Indeed, there are 2 ways to use our Wiring devices “… with Netatmo” :

• With the gateway (Control Plug) : commissioning of devices is done via Home + Control, then you can use third-party applications and/or build your own integration using our API. Firmware updates are automatically done via OTA
  • In ZigBee mode : Your devices are not anymore in the initial Legrand gateway network but in a ZigBee one. Thus, they can be used to communicate with other Z3.0 compatible products. Firmware updates are not displayed anymore as the Control Plug is required. Some certified firmwares are available to be downloaded here to manage the behaviour of some devices (requires to have knowledge in firmware management). As you guessed, Home + Control application can’t be used in this mode as your gateway is now your ZigBee receiver

Concerning the API : we deprecated the Home + Control API on Works with Legrand, it’s now on Netatmo Connect : https://dev.netatmo.com/apidocumentation/control. They have way higher call rates, so the 500 calls per day and per user are not an issue anymore

I suppose your range is “Valena Next … with Netatmo”. As far as I know it can be used is Z3.0 mode. I advise you to test with one of you devices : it’s always possible to revert it and come back in a Legrand gateway control mode

You have the choice 😉

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello Leslie,

Could you please share with us where we can download the latest firmware for all of the devices of the ZigBee familiy of Legrand?

As far as I know, Z3.0 firmware is only available for download for these two devices, while the rest is missing:
<table width=”412″>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style=”width: 95.4px;”>Products</td>
<td style=”width: 73.45px;”>Cloud type</td>
<td style=”width: 77.9375px;”>Version</td>
<td style=”width: 139.212px;”>Download link</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style=”width: 95.4px;”>Micromodule</td>
<td style=”width: 73.45px;”>NLM</td>
<td style=”width: 77.9375px;”>44</td>
<td style=”width: 139.212px;”>NLM – Micromodule – 44</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style=”width: 95.4px;”>Light switch with Neutral</td>
<td style=”width: 73.45px;”>NLL</td>
<td style=”width: 77.9375px;”>31</td>
<td style=”width: 139.212px;”>NLL – Light switch with Neutral – 31</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
Mi setup has a wide variety of Legrand’s devices and most of them are not covered within the previous table. In fact, I have only two micromodules and dozens of light switches without neutral, power sockets, etc…

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Hello David,

I see that you already have access to the firmware download page. For precision : we don’t propose the latest available firmware here, but Green Power certified ones by the ZigBee Alliance. It allows users to customize end-devices behavior to adapt it to their needs

The only way to get the latest Production firmware versions is to update your devices via OTA thanks to a Legrand Control Plug or Control Module (gateway). If your Legrand devices still benefit from a firmware version making them able to be added in a ZigBee 3.0 network, you don’t need the latest firmware version to make them interact with other Z3.0 end-devices

For information, we will soon add Plugs (NLP) firmware

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello Leslie,

In March you referred  to have NLP firmware publish and made available. Is there any update on that one ? We are really looking desperately to it

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.