Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Legrand Smart Switch API Basic Question

Hi all – I recently purchased a few Legrand® radiant® 15-Amp 3-Way White Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch (Model Number: WWRL10WHCCV2 and WWRL50NICCV2) and was pleasantly surprised to find available API and developer support by Legrand. It looks like a lot of the API’s are being deprecated in favor of using Netatmo API’s – or possibly no longer supporting?

I set up a developer account for both and am able to authenticate against both – but I am not able to find which specific set of API’s allow any visibility control to these devices.  The product documentation has you download and install “Smart Lights, Wi-Fi app by Legrand” to register the devices which appears to interface with a subset of the eliotbylegrand API’s but unsure which ones.

I toyed around with the Legrand API and found the endpoint at https://api.developer.legrand.com/myhomeup/v1.0/plants returns information similar to my details in the application, but any additional calls don’t work – such as https://api.developer.legrand.com/myhomeup/v1.0/plants/{plant_id}/topology – but that returns a 204 No Content; no MHS1 gateway in this plant.

On the alternative for Netatmo – no homes/plants show up in any of the calls I’ve created and unsure how I would create or add these particular devices to that service.

So my overall question is: Are interfaces with these specific products/devices even supported and which specific API platform / endpoint subsets are available to explore them?

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Jonathon,

Wi-Fi Smart Lighting solution is different from Wiring devices “… with Netatmo” solution which can be used with Home + Control API (the one here deprecated, or the new one on Netatmo Connect)

Unfortunately, we don’t provide any APIs for this solution

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thanks for replying Leslie – hopefully this is feedback that can be given to the product development team and something that can be offered in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.