Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Long delay between NLT button press and NLF reaction in Zigbee 3.0 mode

Hi,

I have wireless switch (NLT) with firmware version 50 and also dimmer w/o neutral (NLF). I’m using them in Zigbee 3.0 mode, i.e. they are connect to a third-party Zigbee coordinator. NLT and NLF are directly binded, i.e. on/off and level control clusters are directly binded. Thus they actually work without the gateway, they communicate directly.

The problem is the following. Sometimes there is a very long delay between NLT button push, and NLF reaction (light turn on or off).  As far as I can see in the logs of my Zigbee coordinator, NLT goes into “deep” sleep mode which requires rejoining the network. But according to Zigbee 3.0 specs, battery-powered devices should do polling with parent device. I checked poll intervals on NLT (using “Poll Contorl” cluster attribute) and I found something strange:

• checkin_interval 13200 quater-seconds = 55 mins
  • fast_poll_timeout 40 qs = 10 seconds
  • short_poll_interval 2 qs =  0.5 second
  • long_poll_interval 345600 qs = 24 hours

short and fast poll timeouts seems to be OK. But long_poll_internal seems to be too long. Most of the parent devices will drop NLT from the network with such long poll internal.

Here are the default values from the spec:

• Check-in Interval = 1 hour = 0x3840 quarterseconds
  • Long Poll Interval = 5 seconds = 0x14 quarterseconds
  • Short Poll Interval = 2 quarterseconds = 0x02 quarterseconds
  • Fast Poll Timeout = 10 seconds = 0x28 quarterseconds

So, what is the reason of a very long reaction between button press on a remote and light on/off? BTW, this only happens in Zigbee 3.0 mode.

Hello Sergey,

Thanks for the feedback. Concerning the NLT, we did several optimizations concerning its delay in NLT-55 firmware version. Updating your device should resolve the problem

Teams are investigating about the NLF to see if they see something

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi, Leslie,

It seems NLT-55 firmware is not yet available. I managed to update all my NLT devices to 54 firmware, but not 55.

BTW, do you plan to make firmware for this device available for download?

Best regards, Sergey.

Hi Sergey,

Indeed, I thought v55 was already totally displayed via OTA. According to the release plan it’s not yet finished. I confirm it contains some fixes concerning the delay. Please wait a bit until it’s done

According to the same documentation, the Green Power certified version to be displayed here should be NLT-46

Have a good day,

Hi, Leslie,

JFYI, v55 is still not available.

Best regards,

Sergey Morozov.

Sergey,

The release plan I had wasn’t updated. This firmware version is still under test for validation. It is now planned to be done during next week

Have a good day,

Leslie, thanks for the good news. Looking forward to get new firmware soon.

Hello,
I do agree with the post of Sergey about the delay reaction of my NLT (version 55 firmware).
I’m waiting forward the new firmwares.
Regards,
Chris

Hello Leslie,

I have the same problem on my wireless switches (067774 or 067773), my values are :

• checkin_interval 345600 quater-seconds = 24hours
• fast_poll_timeout 40 qs = 10 seconds
• short_poll_interval 2 qs = 0.5 second
• long_poll_interval 345600 qs = 24 hours

The wake-up of my wireless switch is quite long (2 to 3 seconds) and I think that the problem could come from these values.
I tried to modify the value of checkinInterval by the normal one by default (14400), but it does not work better, very long reaction time.

my switch is in version 28 for 067774 or 42 for 067773

Best regards

Hi Aurélien,

We did some improvement in stability and reachability for ZigBee with the NLT-55 firmware (the latest version is v.59)

I forward your message to Netatmo teams, but I’m not sure that they can do something about this

Have a good day,

<span class="Y2IQFc" lang="en">hi leslie,

How do I get version 59 when my switch is stuck at 28?

Best regards</span>

Hello Aurélien,

The only way to make an OTA update to the latest Production version is to connect the device to a Legrand Gateway (it can take up to 24 hours)

Have a good day,

HI,

The switch is connected to the Legrand Gateway, but does not update

best regards

Hi again,

You can try a “force update” :

If possible, best is to first remove and put back the battery 
Push the switch button and wait 10 seconds
Redo it 10 times and wait 10 seconds between each push
Normally, in the next 30 minutes, the firmware should be up to date

It’s not a 100% effective solution, particularly if a command is sent while you are doing this, as it will take priority and will reset the 10 pushes action

If it still doesn’t update, you must contact the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Hi all,

I have 3 celiane wireless switches (1x 067723, 2x 067723N). Not sure what the N stands for, but instead of ZLE18 it mentions ZLE48 on the back of the switch. Does anybody know what the difference is?

Unfortunately for the 2x 067723N switches, I am experiencing high latency (5-10sec) until the command (switch light on/off) is received in Home Assistant via ZHA. On the 067723 device everything is working as expected.

All 3 devices are on Firmware 63. Did anybody find a solution perhaps to solve the latency issue?

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.