Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Long delay between NLT button press and NLF reaction in Zigbee 3.0 mode

Hi,

I have wireless switch (NLT) with firmware version 50 and also dimmer w/o neutral (NLF). I’m using them in Zigbee 3.0 mode, i.e. they are connect to a third-party Zigbee coordinator. NLT and NLF are directly binded, i.e. on/off and level control clusters are directly binded. Thus they actually work without the gateway, they communicate directly.

The problem is the following. Sometimes there is a very long delay between NLT button push, and NLF reaction (light turn on or off).  As far as I can see in the logs of my Zigbee coordinator, NLT goes into “deep” sleep mode which requires rejoining the network. But according to Zigbee 3.0 specs, battery-powered devices should do polling with parent device. I checked poll intervals on NLT (using “Poll Contorl” cluster attribute) and I found something strange:

• checkin_interval 13200 quater-seconds = 55 mins
  • fast_poll_timeout 40 qs = 10 seconds
  • short_poll_interval 2 qs =  0.5 second
  • long_poll_interval 345600 qs = 24 hours

short and fast poll timeouts seems to be OK. But long_poll_internal seems to be too long. Most of the parent devices will drop NLT from the network with such long poll internal.

Here are the default values from the spec:

• Check-in Interval = 1 hour = 0x3840 quarterseconds
  • Long Poll Interval = 5 seconds = 0x14 quarterseconds
  • Short Poll Interval = 2 quarterseconds = 0x02 quarterseconds
  • Fast Poll Timeout = 10 seconds = 0x28 quarterseconds

So, what is the reason of a very long reaction between button press on a remote and light on/off? BTW, this only happens in Zigbee 3.0 mode.

Hi Wouter,

I asked the Marketing team, the “N” version was produced during a short time and is a version without an accelerometer (the hardware part to perform “3 tap association” on a wired device). On the software side, it’s the same firmware

I asked teams to perform tests on this device to see if they reproduce this latency issue

I’ll tell you once I know more,

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslia,

Thanks for your response. Did you already get any feedback from the teams?

Thanks.

Best, Wouter

Hello Wouter,

This problem wasn’t reproduced in our test lab. Can you tell me the firmware version of the NLT ? If it’s not 63, it can maybe explain the problem as some Z3.0 behavior improvements have been done on this version

Have a good day,

Leslie

Hi Leslie

I also have this issue with dual wireless switches and normal ones, although the normal ones have a lot less delay.

It happened to me using ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT and havent found a way of solving it. I also believe it’s related to the switch going to sleep.

Has the development team found out something?

My devices ara K4003CW (firmware 65) and K4003DCW (firmware 44)

Hello Nicolas,

Without any other feedbacks from users we thought it was fixed

We are now on NLT – 70 version. Many ZigBee improvements were done meanwhile. Can you test with this version ?

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie

My bad, most of my K4003CW are on 70 and I still experience lag. I also have 1 that’s on an older firmware and that one works great! It even has the toggle functionality enabled instead of the On/Off that the new ones have, this one is on firmware 42.

The K4003DCW are almost unusable as they sometimes even don’t register an event at all in the zigbee network, so I need to press the switch like 5 times to make it work.

I even tried several different solutions:

– Adding the lights to a group and binding the WC to a the group – this works for some mins then it stops working directly

– Binded the WC with the wired switch directly using the tap tap functionality, this worked great, 0 lag at all, but the next day everything stopped working and I had to remove the battery and reset the wireless switch to 0

Hi again Nicolas,

I sent your message to our developers in charge of this topic. I’ll tell you once I know more

Have a good day,

Thanks, I hope they can give a solution soon as it’s driving me crazy 🙂

HI Leslie

I see that the K4003DCW (firmware 44) has been updated to version 45, do you know what has changed?

Thanks

Nico

Hi again Nico,

Here is the changelog for NLD-45 :

Changed:

ZED Battery was only measured at boot but not periodically as expected.

Bug fix from production versions:

Initialize the app button not used in each network (NLDCW).

NLD not closing ZB network with double press in PAP network.

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the update, have you heard anything back about the issues when connecting them without the Legrand Gateway?

Also after the upgrade on Saturday the K4003DCW seems to become unresponsive even when connected to the Legrand Gateway. This is how I actually found out they had a new FW version because they stop working and I had to re-pair them again, which solved the issue for 2 days, now they are not responding again.

Hi Leslie,

This weekend it has happened again the K4003DCW connected to the legrand gateway stopped responding and I had to open the Home Control app to reconfigure the lights that the buttons should turn on/off. After changing it to something else and then back to the original ones it started working again after some minutes.

I still haven’t been able to make them work properly on the Zigbee network either.

Thanks

Nico

Hi again,

For this, I can’t do much investigations on my side, it’s up to the Customer Support to help you with it (if they want to help you this time !)

It can look like a bad zigbee mesh networking problem, but I’m surprised that the device can go back correctly in the network just with a buttons configuration

Have a good day,

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.