Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

MH4892 touch screen eternal reboot

Hi all,

I have a Bticino MH4892 touch screen and it stopped working: it seems to be locked into an eternal reboot cycle. The cycle starts with a black screen with the text “Loading…” and after 30 seconds or so it will then show the normal home page as I had configured it. However, wait a few seconds and it will go back to the black loading screen, and so on…

I haven’t changed anything recently to the screen’s configuration or connections. This problem seemed to appear out of nowhere. I have tried to reloading the screen configuration using MyHome Suite (both via ethernet connection and USB cable). I also completely disconnected and reconnected the cable to get a full reboot. But nothing solves the problem.

Anybody has got any ideas how to fix this?

If you’re sure the connections are good then you could try resending the config file using MyHomeSuite to see if that kicks back into normality.

Trying out a couple of things, and there is only one scenario where it won’t reboot after a few seconds:

1. Disconnect all cables
  2. Connect the 1-2 cable (power)
  3. wait a few seconds until the screen is fully up and running. It will not reboot in this state
  4. Connect the rest of the cables (bus, audio, UTP)
  5. All good

(So this is a bit weird; cos if I reconnect all cables without waiting for the initial boot, it goes into this reboot cycle again)

Now, if I resend the config from MyHomeSuite to the screen the problem re-appears 🙁

I’m totally puzzled by this, and getting fed up with it. Now I’m actually thinking about replacing the screen with a wall mounted tablet (running OpenHAB, which would be WAY more useful then the rather limited capabilities of the MH4892). Only issue with that would be to replace the doorbell and door camera function that is built in with the screen.

I’d tell you to check what’s going on on the bus. A similar thing happened to me with a 3488 (Hometouch) and it was an actuator that saturated the bus by constantly restarting the display.

There are several PC software or you can download unofficial apps like BitDomo.

Unfortunately Bticino has not updated the 10″ for many years …. I would have liked to use the integrated browser but it is unusable.

I have the same situation except mine doesn’t reboot. I extensively use openHAB and if the binding supported video door entry then a tablet would easilly be the better option in comparison the Screen10. The Screen10 is an expensive, low performance, basic device, almost wasting the wall space it occupies. I have asked the devloper to consider getting the binding to work with the video door entry.

You could use the openwebnet client to check the BUS activity for issues. A link to that can be found in the openHAB general discussion thread for the openwebnet binding

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Mark.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Mark.

Totally agree with your point. It is only the door entry features that prevent me from ripping the screen of the wall. If I can find a decent alternative solution I’ll surely will go for that. But that is the subject of a different topic 🙂
Regarding adding door entry features to the openhab binding: would be awesome to have this; but would it be possible? I have the impression that the core features (doorbell signal+video feed) are not exposed. If you have a webserver (F454) you can pull a JPG image from it (I don’t have a F454 myself, got this from the documentation of WHO=7). Besides that the only thing I could find is a *6*9**## message on the bus. But that is only sent once the video feed is stopped (so about 10 seconds after the doorbell was rung, and too late to use as trigger for a custom doorbell solution imo). I just use it to send an openhab notification if I’m not at home.

Back to the original issue. I’ve looked at the messages on the bus, and as far as I can see there is no flooding or anything. Only thing that I couldn’t explain was this message after I reloaded the screen config from MyHomeSuite (which freezes up the screen): *#1013*2048*11*111111101111111011111101##.
However, I don’t think this message is related; if I put it on the bus manually nothing happens to the screen… So on first sight this looks like a dead end.

I’ve also poked around on the screen itself though an ssh session, but I couldn’t find any kind of log files or so. But maybe that is because I don’t have the root password, I’m using the user that MyHomeSuite uses to communicate with the screen (cfguser). Anyone managed to obtain root access to the screen?

hello,

After 6 years of operation,

I restarted the Bus and the screen rebooted

I solved it by changing the power supply 346020

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.