Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

MHSERVER1 not responding

Dear all,

I am trying to help out a friend that bought an MHSERVER1 a while ago and that has some issues with it.  My friend told me he tried to update the firmware from his phone. I do not know from which version to which version. But afterwards he could no longer contact the MHSERVER1.  (And it was not working properly before that.)

I tried to troubleshoot the issue on his My Home (basic) plant, but could not get it to work. So I brought the device home and connected it to my own My Home-system and network.

After connecting the device to the local bus and switching the bus power supply on, the device starts. The connection LEDs for the network connection are illuminated.  I can see on my firewall that the device has been issued a dynamic IP address.

However, the ‘System’-LED is either switched off completely, or is blinking regularly.  If I press the reset button for 10 seconds (to activate/reset DHCP) the lights go out. The MHSERVER1 does its special blinking process that is detailed in the product information sheet. Afterwards, the system LED starts blinking for about 30 to 60 seconds.  During that time it is possible to send a ‘ping’ to the device from my computer. After about half a minute, the device no longer replies to ping requests.  I have the feeling that the device restarts or resets its network connection once in a while. Sometimes (but not always) the ‘system’ LED is illuminated, but the device is never responding.

Because the MHSERVER1 is connected to a port on my firewall, I can see traffic statistics on the port. There are only a small amount of packets moving on the network, and apparently only (or mostly) in one single direction.  I cannot reach the device by HTTP/HTTPS.

The latest version of MyHome Suite cannot find the device during a network discovery, and the bTicino app ‘Project’ on the iPhone cannot connect (user code or installer code) to the MHSERVER1.  I tried the automatic search and manual search using the IP-address that my firewall issued.  Both procedures fail.

The product information leaflet suggests that it is possible to update the firmware using USB, but no procedure is given. I also cannot find a proper procedure on this forum or the Legrand or bTicino websites. Because there is a suggestion on the forum to use MHSuite I then tried to connect the device using USB and I added the device manually from the ‘Catalogue’ list on the left side of the MHSuite GUI.  (Remember: it cannot be found on the SCS bus or on the network.) I then used a right click to select the latest firmware and tried ‘Update firmware’ using a right click on the entry.  MHSuite then opens a wizard that tries to connect to the device (over USB? over network?), but fails to find it as well.  But I do not know if this is the way to do it.

Questions:

1) Is this known behaviour or a known issue?
2) Is it normal for the MHSERVER1 to respond to pings only for a very short time?
3) Could this behaviour be the result of a failed firmware update? If so, how can I solve this?
4) What is the proper procedure to replace the firmware using USB?
5) Could this behaviour be caused by a limited amount of power on the SCS bus?  Is the ‘optional’ power supply in fact mandatory to get this working?

In short, can you help me? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Wim

Hi (again) Wim,

I can create an internal ticket for your question. But I will need to know the current firmware version installed + the email account used to manage the installation. Can you send it via the contact form ?

I also advise you to contact the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Dear Leslie,

Thanks for the quick response and willingness to create a ticket.  The problem is that I have very little information.  My friend believes he tried to update sometime during 2020 or 2021. The update failed and the device was not used for a while (due to other circumstances). He does not remember using an email account to register the device. This was still on MyHome_UP and before the big firmware change.  I did not find a way to connect to the device myself, so I cannot determine the firmware either.

I will send in the info using the contact form as well.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Wim

Hello Wim,

Here is the response from our internal support :

From the description, could be that the mHS1 is defected or it had a problem when the firmware updated. I think that the customer must contact his country’s technical assistance as they know the procedure indicated and can understand if he can repair it or not ( or the country can contact us and we can support customer with a remote connection and try to solve the problem )

In any case we can not indicate in the forum the procedure, because is not easy to do and in some case we can repair it only with a remote connection with customer.

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.