Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Motion sensor options

Hello Leslie ? 🙂

I’ve been playing with the motion sensor 3585C as I am implementing it in a few of my customer projects, but I find its option rather limited.

For example, there is no option to turn a light on dimmed during the night for example ( a very common automation )  or every time I need to adjust the time or light settings, I need to do it manually.

The sensor is also not visible as such to other platforms like Alexa or Home Kit where such automation can be achieved.

So, my questions are:

Am I missing something, like is there an option configure this device in the Home+Controll app  ?
Are you planning any sort of “If this do this” type of logic for automations within the app ?

And are there any other ( Maybe ZigBee 3 ) sensors that may work here ?

Thanks a bunch !

Sincerely,

Ned

I only use wired home automation but with the imminent integration of radio + wired home automation I would like to start trying some products.

Did you associate the motion sensor with a 4411C dimmer?

Hey Dario,

Yes, its associated with a dimmer switch and the motion sensor will turn on the light at the level it was dimmed manually. For example if I dimm it at 50 % the motion sensor will turn it on at 50%.

But, there is no option to automate different rules, like I said, start it at 100% during the day and maybe at 10 during the night .

Sincerely,

Ned

Hello Ned,

To sum up your questions :

• Is it possible to turn ON a light which is dimmed ? <= when you switch ON the light, it will be at the same dimmed level which was set when you switched it OFF
  • Possibility to use the sensor via Amazon Alexa app or HomeKit ? <= The detector is made like a wireless remote control for light. In Home + Control environment, these devices are not made as trigger but as controller for a light switch. In a ZigBee 3.0 environment, the way the detector will act can be set by the developer/integrator
  • Is it planned to add more automation types ? <= Yes, the roadmap is constantly updated with new products. It will include integration of color bulbs, wireless remote control triggering for HomeKit, fan controller, multi gateways, dry contact, …
  • Are there existing alternatives (ZigBee 3.0 for example) able to fit described needs ? <= Not really other products, but as said previously in a ZigBee 3.0 environment the behavior can be set as needed

Hoping it will answer your questions,

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thanks Leslie !  That answers it all 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.