Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Need help about MH4890 10″ touchscreen

I have Bticino 10″ Touch screen in my home which i didn’t bought. And there is nothing about it on internet. Only info is a picture in Bticino brochure pdf and it is in Turkish language by the way I’m living in Turkey. I want to make my Bticino system Homekit compatible so I need to know if i can use this screen as a gateway or should i buy a gateway for my purpose.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

This screen belongs to MyHOME solution working with a local server. It’s an old device not sold anymore, so there are no HomeKit features for this

The only thing we have is a local API : https://developer.legrand.com/documentation/open-web-net-for-myhome/

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Does this screen work as a gateway?

Hello,

No, your gateway is a local one : the myhomeserver1 (F429 or possible other reference) installed in your electrical cabinet

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello, I hope you can help me also,
Following on from what kon yusuf said.
We have inherited the same MH4890 legacy touch panel within our property.Unfortunately its fully disconnected, can anyone tell me what the two connections are indicated in the picture via the red-circle. I’m assuming one is the SCS Bus connection?

Is there a manual to reference anywhere for this touch panel? (I’m struggling to find one)
    Is this touch panel the main program controller for the property?
    Using the right software, can the current program be extracted and modified without a password?

Any assistance will be highly appreciated
Kind regards
Richard

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Richard,

You can find some manuals on the following page. The page is for the MH4892, but I think the manuals apply to all 10″ screens, so also your MH4890.

https://catalogue.bticino.com/BTI-MH4892C-EN

Not sure what you mean by main program controller, but the touch screens are basically just advanced controls, able to display information and control other components. They are not main/central in a sense that the system needs them to operate.

You can connect the touch screen to the bus and the Ethernet, and then use My Home Suite to configure the touch screen. It can also act as gateway for you then to use My Home Suite to configure the rest of the system, depending on how it is setup. If it is an older system, you might have to remove the hardware jumpers from the actuators and switches first.

I recently did exactly that and wrote a blog article about it:

https://www.the-ninth.com/blog/bticino-software-configuration

Regarding the integration with Home Kit, if that is not natively supported by BTicino, what I would recommend is adding a home automation server that integrates with both BTicino and provides Home Kit.

I have recently integrated our BTicino system with openHAB and now use it to bridge the BTicino world with third party components, like wireless devices from Shelly, a weather station from Ecowitt or Amazon’s Alexa.

Especially if you have an older BTicino system, the integration with openHAB is very useful. BTicino’s own MyHOMEServer1 and current set of mobile apps or voice assistant integration does not support the older BTicino actuators that come without an ID, while openHAB does not have such a limitation.

To connect openHAB to the BTicino system you need a gateway between the bus and your local LAN, and the 3,5″ and 10″ displays can act as such. Other potential gateways are for example the MH202, the F454 or the MyHOMEServer1.

In case you are interested, I have also written blog posts about those integrations. The first one covers the general integration between BTicino and openHAB:

https://www.the-ninth.com/blog/bticino-openhab-shelly

https://www.the-ninth.com/blog/bticino-alexa

https://www.the-ninth.com/blog/weather-station-and-bticino

<p class=”MsoNormal”>Hi Robert,</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Thank you for your detailed reply, I’ve read over it all between then and now.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>Since I made contact with you it’s been slow progress on securing this potential project,</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>I have some extra basic questions:</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Can I use the MyHome Suite on an existing legacy system and extract the running configuration?<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>    </span>Do I just need the IP address of the Touch Panel gateway and the associated password, <span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>and I (or a contractor) can extract the running config?<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>Is there a default password?</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Or do I need to be sent the latest configuration file first, with associated password before anything can be modified to the system?<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span></p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>What are the recovery options for existing systems you are aware of?<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>As the original integrator has gone bust on this project, and I may end up inheriting this My Home system so we can add the clients desired lighting additions.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Any assistance would be highly appreciated.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Kind regards,</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal”>Richard</p>

Hi Richard,

Yes, you should be able to download the configuration from your MH4890 and then modify it as needed. I don‘t know if your device is already supported by the My Home Suite, but I think so. In case of our older L4684 3,5“ touch screen I needed to use the TiDisplayColor software instead.

For the other system components, like actuators and switch controls, it also depends on their age and configuration method, see the section „Scanning and Importing Components“ in the blog article on software configuration I linked above.

And yes again, for using the touch panel as gateway you need its IP address and password. There is a default password, something like 12345678, but not entirely sure anymore.

Using these methods you can recover the complete system configuration. But of course if the installer already used the My Home Suite, it would make your life easier if you can get your hands on their project file. In my case all the actuators and controls where configured using physical jumpers, so I had no choice than bringing it all into the My Home Suite myself.

Regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your detailed reply, I’ve read over it all between then and now.  Since I made contact with you it’s been slow progress on securing this potential project,

I have some extra basic questions:

Can I use the MyHome Suite on an existing legacy system and extract the running configuration?    Do I just need the IP address of the Touch Panel gateway and the associated password,  and I (or a contractor) can extract the running config?  Is there a default password?

Or do I need to be sent the latest configuration file first, with associated password before anything can be modified to the system?

What are the recovery options for existing systems you are aware of?  As the original integrator has gone bust on this project, and I may end up inheriting this My Home system so we can add the clients desired lighting additions.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

9 replies
4 participants