Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Netatmo Arteor Gateway firmware update required to better work with App/HomeKit

After installing the starter kit and the switches and downloading the home + control app – the app worked well for turning the lights on and off and works well so far with Apple HomeKit, however at the moment if you manually turn the light switch on or off physically the app via the gateway doesn’t realize and displays in the app that the light switch is off when in fact it is on?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by William W-A.

Hello William,

Thanks for this feedback. In order to forward this to Home + Control developers, can you please clarify some points ?

• When you physically turn ON/OFF a switch : the state changes is doesn’t displayed in the Home + Control app ?
  • Does it happen every time or after several pushes on the switch ?
  • Which are the firmware versions of your gateway and of your switch ?

Also, as it’s an issue with the application, I also advise you to warn the Customer Support of your country : https://www.legrandgroup.com/en/world-presence

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie, thanks for your reply I can confirm the following:

Yes, when you physically turn ON/OFF a switch the state doesn’t display in the Home + Control app or in Apple HomeKit and it doesn’t matter how many times you push the switch on or off it doesn’t change the display in the app. The only time the app will show is when you turn on/off from the app.

The Gateway is running firmware 151 and the dimmer and switch is running firmware 1

William

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi again William,

We started investigating, but your gateway seems not to respond. Can you please power it and let it run ? We can’t access technical infos if it’s off

Also, can you please take a photo of the switch label (where you see MAC address and other information) ?

Thanks and have a good day,

Hi Leslie, thanks for your reply, sorry that they were off-line some electrical work was being undertaken all back online now and below is the label from the switch

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by William W-A.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by William W-A.

Hi William,

Thanks a lot, it’s forwarded to developer’s team

Have a good day,

William,

Your switch is at firmware version 54 : which is the good one (if it appears as v1 is your interface it’s surely due to a minor temporary issue between our Cloud and your gateway)

Can you please try again and tell me if you still have this state feedback issue ? If yes can you :

• Tell me which is the version of Home + Control app (findable at the bottom of the menu)
  • Your Smartphone model and its OS version
  • If possible, a video showing the issue to help developers

Thanks and have a good day,

Hi Leslie, just tested no change unfortunately

Home + control app version 2.0.0(4) on a iPhone12 pro running iOS 14.6

Hi Leslie, I just tried it again but still no luck, the switch is now showing the correct firmware 54

I’ve managed to film a video of the switch and the app for this I have set the blue light to come on when the lights are off so you can tell. As it won’t let me upload here I’ve managed to send it via share iCloud link https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BBWT2VExIZ9lAgZMS79P6ZDA

Let me know if you need anything else

Hi William,

We think we got it : you are making tests without plugging a charge to the product. With this dimmer switch, it’s mandatory to plug a bulb to it (minimum 3W) in order the state to be correctly handled (we measure if there is an electric activity at the output)

So, linking it to a real bulb should resolve your light state in the app

Have a good day,

Not sure that that’s the problem there are currently 5 LED dimmable lightbulbs connected totalling 39W

William,

Can you please tell me if you installed the bleeder (“load stabilising capacitor”, but I’m not sure how to call it in english). You can see what is it in the image in the attachment

If everything is ok with your cabling work, you could uninstall/reinstall the app but in my opinion, it will not resolve the issue

The more probable cause is that it comes from a mechanical issue. Best solution is to see with your reseller to change your gateway and dimmer

Have a good day,

Good morning Leslie, I have definitely got the bleeder installed. I’ve had the dimmer switch swapped out with a single light switch to test and this works as it should the app registers manual on and off and displays correctly. So it’s definitely not the gateway it’s definitely the dimmer switch if you can let the developers know

Hi William,

We tested on our side in the same conditions (same cabling work, same firmware version for gateway and dimmer, …) and we don’t reproduce your issue. Also, we didn’t have feedback from other users with a similar issue

Unfortunately, it’s surely a mechanical issue on this specific dimmer. As I told you, the best thing to do is to see with your reseller to get a new dimmer. If after changing the device you still have the problem, you should contact the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Hi again, sorry quick question my master wireless home switch is doing something strange it’s flashing green three times and then red and not working but I can’t find out what that means do you know?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by William W-A.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.