Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

NLV Firmware 56

Hi Leslie,

My shutter switch with neutral modules (NLV) are hooked to a third party zigbee controller, and are now requesting an update for the latest production firmware version v56. Can you provide a changelog for this version to know if it is safe/valuable to upgrade?

Also, can we please normalise providing these changelogs so that the user can actually know what is being done to the products they bought? Instead of a new topic being created everytime a new version comes out and is already updated for whoever has the products connected to the Legrand Gateway?

This was one of the issues that led me away from the Legrand Gateway, my devices just updating without any feedback/authorization that could lead to something breaking while I’m away on vacations.

Thank you

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Carlos Posse. Reason: Spelling

Hi Carlos,

Here is the changelog for NLV-56 :

New

• N/A

Changed

• Press any button to stop moving shutter now works even if shutter is not calibrated

Fixed

• Better button press detection

Known issues

• N/A

Finding a good way to provide changelogs is a subject I regularly put on the table, but it doesn’t seem to be a priority. I’ll relaunch the marketing and in-app teams on this 😉

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for the update.

I understand that it’s not entirely up to you, and that probably you have better things to do. But this could be as simple as creating a specific section on the forums and posting closed topics with the Device info, version and changelog. Just an NLV v56 topic with this exact information.

Kind regards,

Carlos Posse

Good evening, I have just updated my roller shutter buttons. the partial opening function appeared, however after several attempts I was not able to partially open the shutters.
I assume that learning the upper and lower stops is necessary. But I can’t find any information on this subject.

Do you have an operating mode to carry out this learning of stops? Thank you in advance, cordially.

Hello Yannick,

Indeed, there is a calibration of your NLV to do in Home + Control app. Go in Home + Control > menu > Manage my home > go in the room where the device is > click on it. You should have at the top a “Configuration” tab to choose the opening mode. Choose “Opening level” and follow the instructions in the app

If after doing it you still face problems to manage your shutter, you must contact directly the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Thanks for informations, fork it!!!

Most of us have been waiting for this development for a long time, I tested it and it works very well. I congratulate the entire team who worked on it! It works really well. thank you very much for this work accomplished.</span>

Mechanical procedure for learning ( no software ):
Procedure:

– put your shutter at the top stop wait for the button to click (30s)
– press stop until the light flashes orange (transition to learning mode)
– press down until the shutter closes completely and the soul is blocked
– release the indicator light flashes let
– press the up button until you reach the upper stop
– release the indicator light flashes let
– press down button until the first blade touches the bottom
– release the indicator light flashes
– press the up button until it reaches the top stop
– release the indicator light flashes and turns green.

I looked at your documentation about your shutter switches, and no information is provided for the learning procedure, certainly everything is very easy with Home + control but those who do not use it are not necessarily aware current of this manipulation. I looked for it myself and managed to do it without the application. But I think that an update of the documentation window is also essential so everyone can benefit from this very recent development.

Hi again Yannick,

The step-by-step procedures are pretty well explained in the Home + Control/Security apps when users add a device. As this platform aims at third-party integration (API & ZigBee 3.0) it’s not really the place to explain it – and as they can change over the time it would be difficult for me to make it updated fast –

When you say “I looked for it myself and managed to do it without the application”, do you mean an installation via a ZigBee 3.0 integration ? Normally, it’s mandatory to use our native apps to integrate devices. If it’s not the case, could you please explain how do you do this ?

Have a good day,

Hi Carlos. I’m struggling with my shutter switch (Legrand Valena Next w/ Netatmo). I would like to use it with a 3rd party gateway/hub (Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle P) to align with all my other devices in Home Assistant, but I have been unable to do so.

I’ve read that Legrand products aren’t compatible with Zigbee 3.0 and refuse to be associated with other hubs. But then I read that some people have managed to do so.

I really hope this is possible. Could you please provide how to do it?

PLEASE 🥹

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello.

In all my research I never found information stating the devices are incompatible with general Zigbee 3.0 dongles. That is even more true seeing that many in this forum have it working, including myself. Even the ‘developer.legrand.com’ website has information on how to make this work.

I would suggest starting here. If you already know how to make the devices quit/join the Legrand network, and you cannot do the same for your HomeAssistant instance, my first try would be making sure you have your Zigbee gateway set to channel 11. As fas as I know, Legrand devices only support this channel, you cannot change it.

If everything is on channel 11, and there is no interference from WiFi, I really do not know how to help you. That was all I needed to do.

Basically I made all devices quit the Legrand Network. Made sure that the Legrand network was not open, and opened my network with Zigbee2MQTT. One by one, I set the devices to join the network, and everything just worked.

Best of luck

Wow, thanks for the detailed information you’ve linked. I think it’s quite interesting and might actually be useful! My dongle is in channel 11, too. The problem is that I don’t see any reset button in my device.

I took some pictures of it without the frame.

I wonder if the button is under the plastic piece with the up, down, stop symbols.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi again,

I answered you in your other post. Indeed, it seems like the reset button is hidden behind the finger 😉

Have a good day,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

12 replies
4 participants