Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

No Homekit Reaction after action on BT-K4574CWI

Dears,

I have just bought two scene wireless switches (see code in title) to increase my system. I have already one of them and it works just fine: it is updated to firmware 70 and, when I press a button, the connected HK automation works properly.

Then I added the new two switches in HK (I test them in H+C app and I updated to the current version of the firmware 70). After the creation of an automation on HK connected to the press of a button, when I press the button nothing happens … from HK app on Mac it seems that they are not reachable (I am saying that because a time out popup appeared once) even if I can see the battery status.

The only difference I am thinking is that the switched I installed some months ago has the following Mac address 00:04:74:00:00:xx:yy:zz but the new ones have 00:04:74:00:01:xx:yy:zz.

May I ask you some suggestions?

Thank you

Riccardo

Hello Riccardo,

These switches should normally be displayed in HomeKit

What I can suggest you is to perform a HomeKit reset on your Gateway : https://qna.legrand.com/home-control/c7734c50-ffa1-464c-87d5-33d0e9006ad6/MGL0013

And then redo the association to go on a clean installation

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

I managed to make them work in HomeKit. To sum up, I needed to reset it four times. Two to force the update to the latest firmware, the third to see them in HK and the last one (when they were already at v70) to manage them correctly in HK.

Honestly, it is not so smart because they started to work but each step requires a reset (pushing the reset button). It would be more comfortable if all the process could be managed automatically.

Anyway, I would like to ask you something else: now I can use the switch on my wall to control anything I want. The idea is to replace the Hue dimmer switch to rotate different light scenes in a room. The only “nuisance” is that it is very laggy. Even 2/3 seconds pass from when I press the button and the scene is activated. The logic depends on HK automation so it could be there the problem but I would like to ask you if it is something that we are aware of.

I am asking this because I did the same with a Hue switch (configured on HK on the same way I have done with Bticino switches but there is a minimum lag.

Thank you

Riccardo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.