Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

radiant Wireless Smart Dimmer stops working

I have several radiant Wireless Smart Dimmer with Netatmo (<span class=”lr-product-info–item sku js-code-switch”>WNRL63) </span>that are connected to a home automation platform; I’ve used deconz and currently Home Assistant (HA). In both platforms the dimmers become unresponsive after a period of time. Usually once I get it paired and all clusters bound, it will last for a few months, but sometimes a particular dimmer will stop functioning within days. I have several other brands of wireless switches/dimmers that have been connected to my HA system for years, and never become unresponsive. As a first debugging step, I’m wondering if the <span class=”lr-product-info–item sku js-code-switch”>WNRL63 device has any available firmware updates? Are firmware updates available for download and OTA in other platforms, or do I need a Legrand compatible gateway product such as the </span><span class=”lr-product-info–item sku js-code-switch”><span class=”lr-product-info–item sku js-code-switch”>radiant Smart Gateway with Netatmo (</span> </span><span class=”lr-product-info–item sku js-code-switch”>WNRH1</span>)?

Hello Steven,

Indeed, you must connect your dimmer to a Legrand gateway in order to benefit from the latest firmware version via OTA update (v.60 is the latest Production firmware for NLT)

Your problem seems to be communication issues between your ZigBee hub and the device. Updating it could indeed solve the problems as there are often improvements for the ZigBee communication in the latest fw versions

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Steven,

I am interested in your installation using HA, as this is something I am currently looking at also. Are you able to use the wireless dimmers within HA to control Philips hue or comparable lamps?

Currently, I have my Philips hue lamps connected to the Netatmo gateway and paired within the Home + Control app to wireless dimmers. It works great from a control standpoint, but I am missing some of the Hue bridge functionality that is lost when connected to Netatmo directly.

My ideal setup would be using Legrand adorne mechanical switches connected to Hue switch modules, supplemented by wireless dimmers and scene switches in certain locations. I currently have some bticino 3577C relays en-route to me that will connect to the gateway for the same purpose. The Hue switch modules are incompatible with the Netatmo gateway. I don’t know if the 3577C supports momentary (push-button) dimming. Will find out at the end of this month when they arrive from Italy.

thanks.

Hi Leslie,

I’ve had one of my Wireless Dimmers connected to a radiant Smart Gateway with Netatmo for several days, but the Home+Control app still displays the dimmer firmware as version “14”. I tried the various methods found in this forum to force a manual firmware update, but nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Brant, I don’t want to derail this thread, but I’d be more than happy to discuss my setup in another channel.

where can I ask you about it?

Hello Steven,

That’s strange … if you already tried force update without result, the only solution I see is to delete and re-do the configuration of your switch. It should automatically launch the update process by checking the latest firmware version

If it still doesn’t work, you need to see it with the US Customer Support :

tech.support@legrand.us

Phone : 844-957-3783 | 844-95-SERVE

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thank you Leslie.
Removing and re-adding the device, followed by the 10 button presses wake-up method did trigger a firmware update.
Thanks again!

Brant, since my topic has been solved, I guess we can discuss here. My setup is fairly simple. I’m using HomeAssistant with ZHA and a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus zigbee coordinator running the latest Z-Stack Firmware. I wrote a custom blueprint to simplify assigning the switch to a zigbee group. And yes, I can control any zigbee device with the Legrand wireless dimmer switch, but technically HA is handling the switch commands so the switch could control any device connected to HA.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.