Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Set Automation Status

Hi all,

I have recently installed a Valena Life Connected Shutter Control and I’ve testing it out.

Overall the product works very well, but I am struggling with a use case: closing the shutters half-way using google assisntant.

As far as I can tell, the google assisntant commands programmed by the Home Control App devs apparently only include the close and open function for the shutters (which maps to the Set Automations Status API POST method to set the “level” to 100 or 0).

Now I’ve played around a bit with the API and realized that if you call the method setting the “level” to -1 it basically cancels whatever action the shutter was doing. So I figured I could just implement a simple code to take close/open the shutter and wait X ammount of time based on my voice command and force the action to cancel.

Now my question is: before going into all the trouble, does anyone know if this setting of the “level” to -1 to stop the shutter action is a feature or a useful bug? I would like to avoid setting everything up just to see it be patched in a few days 🙂

Btw, if there is some google assistant command that I am not aware of to accomplish this it would be super – pls share!

(Or even better, include in the devs roadmap the configuration screens to define the time to fully close/open the physical shutter and enable partial close/open commands. that would really kick ball out of the park!)

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Andre,

Don’t worry, the -1 for the level state is indeed a feature and will remain in API 😉

Rolling shutters’ technology doesn’t permit for us to implement directly via software the management of level, except for 0, 100 and -1. That’s why we have an additional micromodule that permits it (sorry, I find it only in french) : https://www.legrand.fr/pro/catalogue/43085-micromodule-pour-volet-roulant-connecte/micromodule-connecte-pour-installation-with-netatmo-pour-centraliser-volet-roulant-1x500va

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.