Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Smart Gateway with Netatmo – max devices

I’m building a new home and am installing over 120 zigbee devices, which at the moment includes smart lights, Legrand wireless dimmers, and receptacles. I understand the Legrand Smart gateway has a 100 device limit. The FAQ (https://www.legrand.us/faq/with-netatmo-smart-lighting) says that only one gateway can be installed per system, but it also says that the app can control multiple gateways, such as having a second residence. Is there a technical reason preventing the use of two gateways in one house? For example, having a gateway per floor of the house. Would the gateways operate on different channels as to not cause interference?

You can have two gateways within one house, but if you plan to use the Home + Control app, you will have to switch between gateways for controlling different devices. I currently have three different zigbee hubs (only one is legrand gateway) within my house, and I don’t have issues between them.

Thanks for the reply Brant, but I probably should have been more specific in my question. I as well have three different zigbee hubs as I hone in on my final solution (only one of which is the legrand smart gateway). The legrand smart gateway seems like a fairly dumb device without much configuration options; like even changing the zigbee channel for example. I know that in the not-to-distant past the legrand devices were hard-coded to zigbee channel 11. In addition to a general interoperability concern, I was more specifically asking if two legrand smart gateways can operate interference free in the same house.

In the “Legrand with Netatmo” webinar that was held at launch, we were told you could have multiple gateways within the same house.

Hello,

Indeed there is a limit to 100 devices per gateway to avoid server 500 errors with the API calls or slow down/crash of the Home + Control app

Brant is right :

Today if you have more than 100 devices to install, you must have a 2nd gateway which will be configured as a 2nd installation in the same user account. In Home + Control app, you can easily switch between Homes with one click. For example, I saw some users using a “1st floor” and “2nd floor” Homes, each linked to a single gateway and with the same account, and it works well

So to sum up : yes, having several Legrand gateways in the same house is not a problem at all

Thank you both for the confirmation!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.