Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Smart lights grouping

When using “smart lights” such as Philips Hue, there should be an option within the Home + Control app to group them as a single device, and present them to HomeKit as such.

I know they can be grouped within the HomeKit app.

In rooms where you have multiple hue lamps like recessed lighting, each fixture shouldn’t be on its own “switch” within the Home Control app.

When using HomeKit to group, the dimming function doesn’t operate in equal timing with each lamp. When paired with a wireless dimmer in Home + Control they all dim at exactly the same time.

Hello Brant,

Thanks for the feedback. I forward your message to Netatmo’s teams

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie, do you have any news on this topic?

I have same problem. In dining room I have chandelier with 3 hue bulbs.

I must every operation (turn on/off, dimming, rgb color setting…) do 3 times. It is every annoying.

Thanks for reply.

Hi again Václav,

Netatmo developers are working on a “Smart lights group” feature to address the need to operate with one click in H+C app multiple lights (ceiling chandelier for example)

But for the moment it’s too early to give an availability date or more details about how it will work and which devices are involved

Have a good day,

7/mo later….. any progress on this at all?

Hello Brant,

I discussed it with the teams, the feature was set as a low priority and postponed to 2024 (without more precision). But it’s still planned to do it

Have a good day,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

5 replies
3 participants