Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Smarther 2 – HomeKit is seen as gateway in some case and as thermostat in others

Need help to solve a problem to a customer.

Big home running 10 smarther 2 and based on HomeKit ecosystem.

9 of 10 thermostat are seen as gateway/bridge ( 3 dots connected with lines ) and 1 is seen as a “thermostat” by HomeKit. Off course the 9 gateway are working correctly and no problems up to IOS16 show up. With IOS16 rooms accessories are ordered but “type” and gateways are shown in “others” instead in temperature control or climate ( don’t know ho apple call it in English, we are using Italian version ).

All themorstat run same firmware  version ( 32 ). They have been associated with the same process and we do not know what changed with the only one showing (correctly ) as thermostat instead gateway. I have done some test resetting and associating it in different way but we don’t fund anything.

Customer ask to have a correct association ( not a hurry, he is also a friend )

Suggestions? thank you for your help

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Filippo,

I created an internal ticket to our support, I’ll tell you once I have more information

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thank you Leslie,

I juste realized that I wrote “gateway ” instead of “bridge” in some parts of my message.

I’ll wait your reply

Have a good day you too

Hi Filippo,

Here is the answer I got from the Support :

It is correct that HomeKit sees smarthers as gateway / bridge.

From a functional point of view, they give visibility to NetAtmo valves towards HomeKit and therefore work as a bridge.

Their placement and naming in HomeKit depends on Apple and is beyond our control.

But I didn’t get an explanation about why the 10th one is not seen as a gateway/bridge. Can the user manage it like the other 9 ones or is it impossible to make it work like the other ones in HomeKit ?

If it’s a problem, I’ll try to reopen the ticket to get more info about this point. But in my opinion, it deals with the way Apple displays our devices and if it’s the case we can’t act over it

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello Leslie,

I perfectly understand the limit that apple give to the “device type” ( same problem with mongoose devices ) and that in some case the smarther could be used with netatmo valves. I’m on an Italian user group and we try to help each other with suggestions on the “how to” and use your devices. I can say that 90% oh people are using smarther without valves and they will not in the future. It could be possible to have 2 QR code? one for “use with netatmo” and one for standalone use?

The thermostat that is not seen as bridge works regularly as all the others without differences ( in the HomeKit part and home+control too ). There are absolutely no differences within the others. I have worked to try to replicate how to avoid bridge mode but it seems impossibile.

I will try to create a HomeKit QR code for thermostat only function ( with humidity also ) and try to add it to HomeKit part with it leaving in home+control the thermostat as it is, if I succeed I will let you know, if you can share a test QR code generated by you I will appreciate.

Thank you for your help, my best regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.