Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Switch and Dimmer in Homekit “forgets” brightness value

I have Legrand Valena Life Switch (I have enabled light dimmer option) and Dimmer connected to Apple Homekit.

Dimmer issue:

If I have not used Apple Home app for turning on / off the light for some time, next time when trying to turn it on – it turns on the light at 100% brightness (even if the light was dimmed before). Sometimes if I dim the light with physical button -> turn off the light -> try to turn it on via Apple Home app it turns on the light at 100% brightness (these steps are done in several seconds).

Switch issue:

The issue is similar as with dimmer, but when I try to turn on the light in Apple Home app the light just blinks (Homekit tries to turn it on at 100% brightness and then the light turns off almost instantly). After this happens if I try to turn on the light with physical button same issue occurs – it turns on and almost instantly turns off. If I then try to dim the light via Apple Home app – for some time it works as expected until this same issue happens again.

It seems like last brightness is not correctly reported to Homekit.

Hello Valdas,

I discussed it with developers as we had a similar report before Christmas. They didn’t reproduce it on their setup, but I tested on my side with a Philips Hue and I confirm that dimming levels are lost from times to times

In order to investigate, could you please send me an email on the contact form and provide me with :

• the email address of your Home + Control end-user account
  • iPhone model and OS version installed
  • model and a photo of the bulb
  • if possible, a video showing the problem

I’ll then be able to create an internal ticket

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hey Leslie,

Thanks for reaching out. I have submitted my request in contact form you have provided. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Hello Valdas,

I had the results from the tests done

Dimmer issue : we reproduced the bug with iOS 16.2 but not iOS 16.3 (tested with the same devices and same iPhone). It was surely corrected by Apple, I advise you to do the update if it’s not already done and tell me if the problem is still here

Switch issue : we didn’t reproduce the issue on our side after several tests with different bulbs. It’s maybe a bleeder problem (not present or not well installed). There is an easy way to know it : unscrew the bulb and open the ZigBee network. If the LED on the switch isn’t green, that means that the bleeder is missing or not correctly installed. If the LED is green, you maybe have a faulty bleeder and/or switch. In this case you must contact the Customer Support for a replacement

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

I’m currently on iOS 16.3.1 and still facing same issue.

If I use Siri to turn on the light – it remembers last brightness setting, but using Home app always turns on the light at 100%, hence I think you are right – this is something Apple should fix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.