Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Unable to get light status with OWN using MH201

Hi,

I’m using https://github.com/pippocla/OpenWebNet to connect to my MH201 module. It connects fine and I can control my lights on/off, but I don’t get any useful response when I request the status of the lights. According to the protocol documentation, I should be able to send “*#1*05##” to get the status of light 05 (on/off). I should receive a status message, then an ACK. However, I always receive just the ACK, no status message whatsoever. I tried with other WHERE values, including “0”, but again no useful response. If I open an event session instead of a command session, I get the status changes without any issue when I turn on/off the lights from the physical  switches. I don’t know what to try anymore, please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you.

Hi Bogdan,

Here is an answer from OWN team :

“05” is not a valid address for a point-to-point light … this kind of addressing means ambient 05, on which automatically belong to all light with A=5 and PL=[0-9]
Anyway, it’s not pobbile to make request to an ambient (in general also group), it’s only possible to send commands
Have a good day,
Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie, thanks for the quick reply. It seems that I have a bit more to learn about addressing inside the OWN network, I was convinced that if I was able to turn the lights on/off using address 05 on WHO=1 I should also be able to get the status of the lights using the same address. If I create an event session to the gateway and I observe the events, I get the same address (05) in the events when a light is switched on or off, so at this point it’s still a bit hard to understand what I’m doing wrong. In any case, I’ll try to find more documentation about addresses and try again.

Hello, the same problem for me

I have MH201, everything works fine, but in client session I can not get a response, for example, when I ask for *#1*32## in client session I get nothing.

But if I open an event session and send *#1*32## command,  I see message from the bus that tells me the light status, for example *1*0*32##

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.