Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Valena Life HomeKit configuration problem

Hi

I’ve got a Valena Life kit and I can connect it to my home wifi, however when I try to start the HomeKit configuration process on my iPhone through the Control app, it keeps telling me that internet connection drops. The gateway and the hooked devices work fine if I use the Control app only, but to me it is important that I add it to HomeKit too. Besides, the product is HomeKit compatible.

I have tried endless times to configure it, I don’t know how I managed it twice, the Legrand gateway, the home/away wireless switch, the rolling shutter  and the smart power outlet appeared in HomeKit, but that didn’t last for long. It was maybe an hour later or so that all Legrand devices showed unresponsive in HomeKit and no matter what I did, they wouldn’t reconnect. I am using a HomePod mini as a hub, updated to the latest software.

Mixed band router, both 2.4 and 5 gHz, I disabled the 5 gHz option just to see if that will work, but it didn’t. The gateway works fine on my wifi as it is (mixed band with stirring mode enabled), I just find it extremely difficult to get it to work with HomeKit without getting disconnected.

Can anyone help me? I have run out of options here.

Thank you

This is what I get

You must be logged in to view attached files.

.. and after hours of trying and managing to reset and add all everything one more time, this is what I get to see in HomeKit!

Now please, if any moderator gets to read this, please do not refer me to my country’s customer support, because they just can’t help!! I am always one step ahead of them, their help is just talking on the phone about endless resets, exchanging emails and putting me on hold, but they are not giving me any solution! The guys told me I should DEFINITELY not delete the gateway from the Control app, I ignored them, I deleted everything and managed to add back all again and get this to work through the Control app. So please, do educate your customer support before they give any advice. HomeKit is my problem! I don’t get to see the integration and compatibility promised. If I do something wrong, PLEASE enlighten me. I’ve got clients waiting for their installations, but how am I going to make it if I can’t even setup my own?

Thanks again

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

For information, I sent your messages to Netatmo’s developers in charge of HK integration. I’m waiting for their feedback

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

I’m currently having the same issue in the US. My HomeKit integration was previously working and stopped. I”ve tried to re-configure the wifi network, but the app cannot locate my gateway.

I’ve noticed very frequent “not responding” errors in HomeKit while the netatmo app still works fine. my gateway is on FW version 253. I have not tried deleting the gateway from my installation yet; I’ve already had to do that multiple times over the last few weeks, and it takes quite a bit of time to set it back up. very frustrating.

I also have massive problems with the WiFi. For me it is a FritzBox 7590 and 2 reapeaters that are meshed, i.e. only broadcast one SSID. During the installation I switched off ALL repeaters and switched off the 5 GHz on the Fritzbox. So I could set up my 2 gateways (more than 100 devices). Then I activated the 5 GHz again and put the reapater into operation. The gateways are then not found depending on which point they connect to. I’ve only found 2 possible solutions: Either do without 2.4 GHz on the repeaters, or dissolve the mesh network and live with additional SSIDs for 2.4 GHz.

Hello,

I just had a feedback from the devs, and indeed there can be problems with meshed wi-fi setups for HomeKit. It also can be a problem with the router

@Martin I forward them your setup

@Koddy @Brant : can you please tell me if your installation is based on a meshed wi-fi and which router do you use ?

Have a good day,

My router is a Luxul Epic-5, and I have a combination of Luxul XAP-1610 and XAP-1510 access points. I have separate 2.5GHz and 5GHz SSID’s.

Hello,

Here is the answer I got :

In the case of a meshed wi-fi network, you can make a distinction between the different router’s SSIDs (example : router-2.4GHz-1, router-2.4GHz-2, router-2.4GHz-3) and connect the gateway to the one with the strongest signal

As Martin said, the solution to deactivate the 2.4GHz on repeters also works

On our side, we can’t bring any other solution as it’s really a wi-fi network issue

Have a good day,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.