Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

wired Switches and dimmers not upgrading firmware (but gateway does) ?

Dear all,

I have several (ie ca. 50) switches and dimmers, (as well as DIN latching relays and few wireless swicthes) connected to a Bticino gateway, and it all works wonderfully. The only problem seems that while the gateway has managed to update is firmware OTA (now is 306) the  switches and dimmers are stack at firmware 44 and 24, respectively. The system has been installed over a year ago.

Any idea what is going on and how to solve it?

Thanks,

Ale

You must be logged in to view attached files.

I am having exactly the same problem. I had to force my gateway to upgrade from firmware 253 to 306 which worked, however, the actual switches and remain on 44 and 24.

I have now contacted my local customer support centre that confimrs that the firmware 44 and 24 are up to date (which I doubt is true). I wanted to implement auto-off function and this is not supported in firmware 44. A previous customer care rep told me it should update to firmware 46 but at this point I do not know what to believe.

My shutter switches are on firmware 47 if that helps. I don’t know if that’s the most recent

Hi Alessandro,

Can you send me the references of your switches ? I’ll check in my documentation what I have in Production versions

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

if for references you mean product codes those are Btcino K4411C (for example serial number 00:04:74:00:00:7e:28:69, firmware 24) and K4003C (for example serial number 00:04:74:00:00:b7:bb:86).

I even received a notification on my HOme+Control app about the new auto-off feature but now the local contact say this is limited only to latching relays?

Thanks,
Ale

Hi Alessandro & Markus,

K4411C is NLFN-24, K4003C is NLL-44 <= so, it’s up-to-date to latest version

@Alberto, NLV-47 is indeed the latest version for shutter switch (1st generation)

I don’t find any information about an “auto-off” feature in Home + Control (but I’m not necessarily aware of everything :D) . For a latching relay – as far as I know – you can remotely on/off, set a timer or set an on/off schedule. I advise you to re-ask the question to your contact to have more precisions

Have a good day,

Thank you Leslie,

through the Home+Control app there was a notification of a new feature, ie auto-off, for connected switches. I was then told by customer support that this will come live with firmware 46 and that would have been released concomitantly with gateway firmware update 306. The latter has happened while the former has not happened (yet?). The auto-off function is intended to add a timer function to every connected light (akin the function in latching relays).

Thanks,

Ale

Ok, so we are indeed talking about the same “timer” feature. According to the type of device (NLT, NLD, …) firmware are not the same

I put in attachment a screenshot showing which devices are involved in this evolution. You can refer to this documentation to know what these acronyms refers to : https://developer.legrand.com/documentation/compatible-product/

Have a good day,

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Thank you. So confirmed it will happen at certain stage.

I think it would be helpful to have an accessible page where the up-to-date firmware versions for the different products are listed!

Best,

Ale

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.