Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Edit device type as displayed in HomeKit

<p style=”text-align: left;”>With the older Legrand Radiant HomeKit devices (HKRLxxx), you could edit the device type within homekit to light, fan, or outlet. it would be nice to be able to do this within Home + Control.

</p>
Right now I have some switches that operate fans, and some Zigbee relays also used for fans/heaters. All of them show up as a light within Home + Control and HomeKit. So if I ask Siri to turn on the lights in a particular room, it will also turn on the fans or heaters and that is not ideal.

Wanted to add that this feature does work on Netatmo receptacles, but it doesn’t work on switches or connected relays.

Hi Brant. Please also see this post: https://developer.legrand.com/forums/topic/control-homekit-switch-typedisplay-as-support/

Thanks. It is frustrating not being able to change it. The receptacles can be set to different types so it’s seems changing the switches should be easy too.

Yes, I agree that feature parity should be across the line. A response I received from the developers a few months ago via email said this feature would be coming and every firmware update I check. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.