Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit is returining “Not Responding” to all Legrand accessories

For the last few days my homekit shows not responding for Legrand Accessories.

If I reset Legrand Gateway ( Reset WiFi and Homekit settings ) everything is back to normal for a few hours and then again not responding.

I reset everything ( Apple TV, Router, Gateways, iPhone)  but still this is happening.

Of course if I use Home+Control app everything is working as expected.

Any ideas what to do ?

Thank you

Hello Andrew,

Can you please write me via the contact form and give me the email address of the Netatmo account you use to manage your devices ? I’ll then check if I see some issues in your configuration

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thank you ! I have already send you a message from the contact form!

Hi Andrew,

Our developers maybe have an idea in order to know what is happening

If you still have the problem, could you please :

• tell me if your Legrand gateway is in the same Home + Control and HomeKit room than your Apple hub (HomePod/Apple TV)
  • send me a video in HomeKit showing your configuration in each room. We only have access to your rooms configuration in Home + Control, we will then check if there are differences

Have a good day,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have done more tests and it seems that without the hub homekit seems to working , with huge delay and of course only if I am in the house.

Now about your questions :

1) The Apple Hub ( Apple TV ) is in different room than the Legrand Gateway. One is in Corridor the other in Living Room

2) I tried to capture as much as I could from HomeKit. If something is not ok , please advise. Here is the Screencast :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XH7y4w_1gmeZHnQEB2FCh8QId8H5gGJG/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

Hello, I’m experiencing same issue. In the Control+ application I can see all devices and manage them without issue, but they appear as not responding in Apple HomeKit. If I reboot the Legrand Hub they start to respond again in Apple HomeKit, but it lasts a few hours and then start to be not responding.

It’s an issue as I have several automations in HomeKit affecting Legrand devices and they don’t work when they go this status.

It doesn’t look to be a connectivity issue as Control+ app see correctly and allow me to manage all devices.

In my case I have three devices acting as HomeKit Hub (3 AppleTVs). All the rest of environments I have connected to the Hub appear correctly (I have several Phillips Hue lights, A Netatmo weather station and Netatmo Thermostat,…) and never disconnect, it only happens with the Legrand devices.

It started happening about 1 month ago. Till them Everything was working more or less fine without issues…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Perez Javier.

Hello, I have exactly same problem (since quite long time I think, just lucky it happen once a few weeks). All works fine in Control App, but in Home Kit Legrand devices are “not responding”. I tried different paths to fix it, but only works is to cut power to Valena Next gateway (only gateway is enough, not need to restart other devices).

BTW, is there any way to restart gateway from Control App (so I can do it without cutting electricity) ?

Thank you so much guys for confirming this issue!

I thought that it was in my side, because nobody report anything.

Let’s see if they can find anything.

Also +1 for the reboot of Legrand Garetway with other way, it is so frustrating to power down the whole house and after this to set the timer to all devices and reconfigured them…

Hello Javier & Radoslaw,

There is indeed an issue impacting some installations in HomeKit. Netatmo teams are investigating with Apple as it seems to only happen in some conditions

@Radoslaw : unfortunately there is no way software way to restart the Gateway

@Radoslow & Javier could you please :

• Report the problem to the Customer Support of your country. It could help to prioritize the issue
  • Send me via the contact form  :
    • the email address of your Home + Control end-user account
    • a screenshot were we see the “Not responding” error message
    • if possible, a video of your configuration in HomeKit (main page and inside each rooms)

We will then be able to verify your installation. On my side, I’ll also be able to create internal tickets for developers

Have a good day,

Leslie – Comminity Manager

Hello again.

I have send this question with the support email we had before 1 week, but nobody replied.

My question is :

It is about 2 months that I cannot use Homekit with Legrand Netatmo stuff.

Is this finally a known bug and there will be a fix? Should I do something from my part ?

Other users reported the same issue happened the same time. It is the same issue or a different one ?

Thank you very much in advanced.

Hello Andreas,

I was hoping to get a bit more information from the developers and Product Manager to answer your email. Here is where we are :

Teams are still doing tests. On my side, I reported 6 detailed similar cases

Common points seem to be the presence of devices with 2/3/4 switches which are seen as individual switches in HomeKit. In this case, the configuration is not recognized as legit by HK and all devices linked to the gateway are defined as Not Responsive. This is of course wrong, as you can still manage them correctly via Home + Control app. A power outage also seems to be a common point in reported cases, but we don’t really understand how it could have any impact on HomeKit

So the bug is known, but precise causes are still under investigation. There will be of course of fix as the problem is important

I’m also waiting for an advice list that could help to manually debug users, but it will surely not work in 100% of cases

And you already helped us a lot with all elements you gave us ;). Thanks for it

Have a good day,

Hi, same issue about “not responding” devices here! I tried removing Legrand Gateway from Apple Home, but then i can’t add again it from both Apple Home and Home+Control app!

I forgot to attach the screenshots

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Leslie and thank you very much for your reply.

I didn’t reply because I want to run some more tests.

When I reset Legrand gateway with power off  and start again  without power only any Apple Hub ( Apple Tv, iPad etc ) , I was able to work Homekit.

I tested this more than 12 hours and I didn’t have any issues to use Homekit ( even with the double switches etc ) . Of course the response were low and I couln’t use it outside home, which is the normal worfflow.

But when I power on Apple TV, then I got immediately No Response. So probably something is happening between Apple Hub and Legrand gateway.

Hope that helps a little but as you can see more customers reporting this.

If you need more tests from my side or you have any kind of news, please share.

<span style=”color: #464646; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;”>Regards,</span><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #464646; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;” /><span style=”color: #464646; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;”>Andreas</span>

Hello,

@Andrea, you surely need to do a reset of the gateway and Home/Away switch. If it still doesn’t work, you must contact the Customer Support of your country

@Andreas, thanks, I added these infos in the developer internal ticket. For information, they are still performing tests on their side. As it works in local mode, it’s for sure a communication issue between Legrand gateway and HomeKit

Have a good day,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

96 replies
21 participants