Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit is returining “Not Responding” to all Legrand accessories

For the last few days my homekit shows not responding for Legrand Accessories.

If I reset Legrand Gateway ( Reset WiFi and Homekit settings ) everything is back to normal for a few hours and then again not responding.

I reset everything ( Apple TV, Router, Gateways, iPhone)  but still this is happening.

Of course if I use Home+Control app everything is working as expected.

Any ideas what to do ?

Thank you

Hi Leslie,

thank you for your answer, even if the official communication you’ve been given sounds a bit strange to me. You wrote:

Now, with iOS 16.2, the “Homekit” technical solution is being completely rebuilt.
As a result, certain features have been modified or deprecated by Apple, which may result for some users in “no answer accessory” notifications in Apple’s “Home” application, particularly in the context of interoperability between “Home +control” and Homekit for us.

I know that rebuilding a solution can be disruptive causing for example APIs changing signatures, different parameters and so on, but, usually, when a provider changes the services it exposes, it gives the documentation about these change many time in advance to all of its partners who developed on top of these services.

From your official communication I infer that you’re late in releasing the updates to your systems to cope with iOS 16.2.

If it is so, can you give us more visibility on when it is planned the release of the updates to your systems and app in order to solve this disruption?

Many thanks

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by R C.

After reading this forum I’m not holding out much hope for a solution from Legrand or Netatmo.

I had the “no response” issue, so following the troubleshooting steps I removed the gateway from HomeKit and reset it. From then on I wasn’t able to get the gateway to join HomeKit again.

Initially I would get as far as entering the HomeKit code before it would fail  then the Home+Control app updated in the background and now it fails when the gateway joins the wifi network. I can see that it’s joined the network but the app times out with the error in the attached screenshot.

Now, I’m a network engineer by trade. I build wifi networks for a living. So I’ve gone through every troubleshooting scenario I can think of including digging out an 802.11n wireless router. I’ve tried every combination of 2.4ghz network I can and I see the gateway join the network but the app fails.

On top of that I’ve completely deleted my HomeKit instance, powered off every other hub and smart home device on the network and tried the reset process again. And I see the gateway join the network but the app fails.

Because of netatmo’s poor design, I can’t even get the gateway paired to the app so I can control the lights via Google.

The only conclusion I can come to is that there’s an issue with the app itself and that I’ve wasted AUD2000 on light switches and installation costs to end up worse off than when I was just using hue downlights.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Last point…why the hell do end users have to come to a developer forum for support?!?!

Thank you very much Leslie for your reply.

Of course I have tested all the above many times, but to be honest I didn’t delete and add again the Legrand components with 16.2. I tested all the names , make minor update to them , changed, roll back, but it is not working.  May I ask you to remind here the 10 seconds reset how can be done ?

Also ,  the above reply seems to me the usually steps Apple is giving for troubleshooting.

For example :

The Legrand gateway is in the same room as the concentrator (Homepod or Apple TV).

If you are having many Homepods and Apple Tv in the same Home, Apple is giving priority to one of them and you cannot control it. It is not acceptable to set for example 10 devices to be in the same room to be with the Legrand Gateway.

In addition,  now I recall that everything was working fine , until I updated the Home+Control App into version 2.19.0. So the problems appeared again after the update.

As other users said , including me, we have spent thousand of money because Legrand is claim compatibility with HomeKit.

Have also in mind, that other brands in the same field as Legrand,  that are not supporting HomeKit , can work with HomeKit with a few clicks ( HomeBridge ) and they are not having any kind of issues.

Last but not least, as @Fraser Alec said, I am also working in a very big company , like Legrand, in the development team and the only see I can understand from this topic and some others , like Homekit curtain roller/shutter % , Something is not working ok in the development team. I don’t know what it is , but for sure I know that the issues of the final user are not compatible with the amount he spent for Legrand solution.

Thank you very much for your efforts in this forum, appreciate very much.

Andreas

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Andrew Panag.

I had the same problems since upgrading to IOS16 and at some point I just changed my wifi modem router from a ZTE to a Fritz! and everything worked since then.

May I ask you if you set anything specific setting in Fritz or anywhere else ?

Thank you very much.

I added a 2.4GHz SSID to my network that is dedicated to my gateway only, and since then, I’ve had no issues.   I have it enabled on the access point that is closest to the gateway, and none of the others in my house. That said, I don’t think this issue was ever as prevalent in my system as others here are reporting. At most I may have had 30 devices connected to my gateway. As of right now i have less than 5 devices still connected as I’ve been moving everything out of the gateway and over to my Home Assistant zigbee bridge until some of the other issues in Home + Control are solved.

If it matters, I’m using a Luxul ABR-5000 router w/ WXC-1000 controller and XAP-1610 access points.

Thank you very much.

Indeed my Router has both 2,4 and 5 Ghz enabled. So you had issues too with no responding and when you switched to 2.4, everything is solved, right ?

Also can you please clarify, Legrand accessories can work in Home Assistance Without the Legrand Gateway ?

Thank you

Andrew,

That is correct, I setup a separate SSID that is 2.4GHZ only, and I haven’t experience any further issues with “not responding”.

As for Home Assistant; I am using a Sonoff Zigbee dongle along with Zigbee2MQTT integration. You can verify device support here:https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/supported-devices/

I have added support for some of my devices that are not showing up in the list. I’m not sure why its not showing up on the “Supported Devices” page yet. I may have not updated the database correctly. But if you have a device that is not supported, it is very easy to do so.

I am using a lot of Philips Hue lamps that I moved back to the Hue bridge, and I have been able to use my wireless legrand dimmers to control them via Home Assistant.

There is also the Zigbee Home Automation integration that all Legrand wired products should work through, and many of the wireless devices work. I was not able to get my wireless dimmers to work correctly with ZHA, which is why I switched to Zigbee2MQTT.

How about that. I just stopped by my house for lunch, and none of my devices still on the Netatmo gateway are responding. This hasn’t happened in quite awhile. I guess I need to finish moving the rest of them off the gateway and onto HA.

I tried this r the dedicated 2.4Ghz SSID with three different routers, only my phone and the gateway as clients and still couldn’t connect.

I’m waiting on a Sonoff dongle to turn up now and will try moving the switches to Z2MQTT on Homebridge. Not quite sure how I’ll remove the switches without being able to connect to the gateway. Will have to try and factory reset each switch.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Fraser Alec.

HomeKit Not Responding Stories #150

I went to my router, and disabled 5Ghz. Then I have set again to 2.4Ghz , without change SSID , but I changed the channel from 1 to 10.

After that, I powered cut the house and power on.

Legrand Gateway asked for re-configure the WiFi. I did it and afterwards HomeKit started working !

I was following it every few minutes and it worked for about 2 hours. After that it stopped working again.

I run a few tests, but nothing. At that time I wanted to turn on water heater, so I went to Home+Control in order to do it. I turned on and minimized the app in order to open a new one.

By mistake, I opened Home app of iPhone.

Everything was not responding and suddenly everything came back to normal. Until now, more than 12 hours, everything seems working ok.

I am not say that it is fixed, because for me and other users  it stopped suddenly.

But I would like to share the data I am having until now :

1) After upgrade to Legrand Gateway to version 306 and a power cut to reset ( because legrand stopped responding ), it started working

2) After about 24 hours, I updated Home+Control App and HomeKit  stopped working

3) I switched my router only using 2.4GHz and channel 10, power cut , re-connect, it worked for 2 hours and it stopped

4) Open Home+Control switch on a swith , visit Home App, it started working again until now ( ~12 hours now )

Hope the above will help for finding a steady solution.

<span style=”caret-color: #575757; color: #575757; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”> Not quite sure how I’ll remove the switches without being able to connect to the gateway. Will have to try and factory reset each switch.</span>

Fraser Alec,

My suggestion is to install and configure Zigbee2MQTT first. Once that is complete, set Z2M to “Permit Join”, and then go to each Legrand device and hold down the configuration button until it flashes red (usually 5 seconds). Release the button after the red flash which indicates it has been reset, and then it will be in pairing mode for Z2M.

Thanks Brant! I’ve got Z2M installed on the Pi now, just waiting for the dongle to turn up to actually get it up and running 🙂

Homebridge is a good solution, although my idea was to migrate all that I have in Homebridge to Legrand to eliminate the Homebridge instance. Unfortunately my idea seems to be wrong because after several months Legrtand is not able to solve the problem with HomeKit disconnection. I have been using HUE bridge for more than 5 years and I never had a disconnection. I also have the netatmo weather station and the thermostat with valves in all my rooms and in general they work quite well with no big connectivity issues. It’s only this bridge which seems to fail continuously. I was on holidays during xmas break and it was a nuisance that I lost connective to control my roller shutter remotely to allow light enter home during day for the plants. I need a solution in what I can trust.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

96 replies
21 participants