Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Arteor with Netatmo Homekit Integration and Capability

Hello, noob questions re the Arteor with Netatmo System

1. Is a fan controller on the horizon? There is currently no supported ceiling fan HomeKit system in Australia. Your fine system is about perfect for my needs as a project solution, and I was pleasantly stunned when it was launched in Australia, but the lack of ceiling fan control is a deal breaker. I’m aware that there are dumb (non smart) fan control modules for arteor, but having to get out of bed to turn a fan on and off is a bit 20th century!

2. Can a fixed switch be wired with voltage input, but no output, then be used with HomeKit automations to control another function. Turning on a TV for example. How are the switches represented in the HomeKit app. Can each switch be used in automations, does it support double press etc.

3. What is the amperage limit of the curtain/blind hardwired switch, can it handle an exterior roller shutter? 10A?

Many thanks to all, some great content on here!

Paul

Hello Paul,

You can indeed create a HomeKit scenario and launch it with a wireless switch without linking it to a wired one. Your wireless switch needs to be in firmware version 54 minimum to appear in HomeKit. It will then be possible to link it to other HomeKit compatible products

I suppose that you manage your Somfy blinds via a TaHoma/Connexoon box. If yes, you should check if your box/devices appear in HomeKit and it should work with a wireless switch (I never did the test, but it should be OK)

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for all your ongoing help with this. It’s a great system once I figure out what I’m doing with each little step.

Ok, wireless switch is firmware 31 – Serial 00 04 74 00 00 8b b8 31. Is there a way to force an update as it’s been online for about a month now.

Is the firmware why it is appearing in my ipad and iMac which are v 15.7 and 12.6 respectively but not my iPhone (which is IOS16). I have sent apple a bug report about that before I thought it may just be a version issue.

On the devices where it is appearing, in the home app, I can indeed assign a scene to each button. In fact, it appears to have 4 buttons in the home app and only 2 in the home connect. Each button must be top and bottom but not active in your home connect app.

The issue is that when I set up the wireless switch I had to pair/assign a wired switch to it. It won’t let me set it up without doing this, and now it is set up, I can’t remove this association. I can change it to pair with another wired switch, but I can’t remove this link all together. So, it will run the HomeKit scene but it will also turn on the wired switch it is paired with and I don’t want it to do that.

Is there a way of disassociating it from the wired unit altogether and just use HomeKit to administer it?

Many thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

I took a look at your installation. For the “last seen” value of your NLD I have 01/01/1970 01:00:00

The same for your Home/Away switch (NLT) in Dinning room. I don’t know if it’s a kind of “bug” of my tool, or if the devices are not well recognized by the network which would cause the OTA update not to work

I advise you first to unlink your NLD in Home + Control app and redo the link. Once done, please warn me and I’ll check if the value is correctly displayed

For the second point, I’m not sure to well understand (home connect = Legrand Home + Control app ?). The possibility to link a wireless switch without having to pair it to a wired one is exclusive to HomeKit

But maybe it’s also linked to the firmware version of your switch not up-to-date. When it will be good on this side and if it still doesn’t work, please re-explain me the issue

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie

sorry, what is NLD, is that the gateway or the wireless switch? It reports fine in the control app and all switches and HomeKit functions seem to work perfectly?

as to the second point, my apologies for the confusion, I was meaning control app, not home connect. I cannot add the wireless switch to the control app without it being linked to a wired switch, but I don’t want this. I simply want to use it to trigger a HomeKit automation. I can’t remove the link to the wired switch in the app, so every time I trigger the automation from the wireless switch, it will also turn on the wired circuit which I don’t want.
As a workaround if you can’t remove this association, I suppose I could place a micro module somewhere and just not connect it to anything, then point all the wireless switches for automations to that.

I have also started ordering scene switches instead like the night day or 1-4 switches which will also solve the problem

P

Hi again Paul,

My bad, I was looking at the wrong line in my firmware document … your NLD (Remote Two Buttons wireless switch) is at the latest firmware version. So, you should correctly see your wireless devices in HomeKit and, if you have an Apple hub, be able to define actions for each button. Your wireless switch will communicate directly via Apple Hub and not via the wired switch anymore

I don’t have a hub to test a configuration of wireless devices – and I’m not a HomeKit expert – but all your wireless devices should be seen in HomeKit. You can then configure needed actions on different buttons and launch them via HomeKit (if they are HomeKit compatible). In Home + Control, you will then be able to configure your wired switch to launch other actions

You could try to reset your wireless device (take a toothpick and press the button with a gear at the back of your product for 7 seconds. The LED will blink in red). Then, go on HomeKit and do a long press on its tile to configure each button

Hoping it will now work,

Have a good day,

<span style=”caret-color: #575757; color: #575757; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”>I don’t have a hub to test a configuration of wireless devices – and I’m not a HomeKit expert – but all your wireless devices should be seen in HomeKit. You can then configure needed actions on different buttons and launch them via HomeKit (if they are HomeKit compatible). In Home + Control, you will then be able to configure your wired switch to launch other actions</span>

Hi Leslie,

I know that myself and many others here have reported this same issue repeatedly. You cannot introduce a wireless Legrand/Netatmo switch into HomeKit that is not bound to a wired device within the Home + Control app. There is no independence for the wireless device.

Resetting the wireless switch isn’t the answer as it would remove it from the gateway, which removes it from HomeKit.

I think not having a HomeKit setup to test with is possibly making it hard for you to understand what everyone keeps complaining about here.

Hi Leslie

brant here is absolutely correct. I cannot find a way to independently set up the wireless switch without pairing it to a wired. Can this be done?

br

P

Hello Brant & Paul,

I discussed this with a colleague which is more into HomeKit than me. As far as he knows you should be able to see a wireless switch in HomeKit without having to bind it to a wired one first. Here is what he told me :

• be sure to have pushed the button at the back of the wireless switch for 7 seconds (you can also try with a 3 seconds push on it). It should then appear in HomeKit (please wait 5 minutes between the 2 tries in order to be sure there is no latency)
  • if not, try to come closer from your gateway when performing this (8/10 meters max)

Please confirm me that you tried this. If it still doesn’t work, please send me a message via the contact form with :

• Email address of your Netatmo end-user account
  • MAC Address of the concerned wireless device
  • Screenshot of your home’s configuration in HomeKit

I’ll then see with him to perform some tests and determine what is the problem or procedure to follow

Have a good day,

So are you saying you don’t configure it in the control app at all?

Display in HomeKit app of wireless devices is done via a communication with Apple’s hub. So, in the case of a use without a wired switch it’s likely that Home + Control app is not needed for configuration (to be confirmed)

Have a good day,

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This may well be entirely over my head, but I am having a hard time understanding how you would connect a wireless switch with a Zigbee radio to an Apple TV or HomePod acting as the home hub. Regardless if the fact that they can’t directly communicate with each other, you’d still have the issue of going through the apple home setup process.

</p>
The Home + Control app requires you to specify a wired device to bind the wireless device to as part of the setup process.

Hi Leslie

Apologies, I have been working away and have only now had a chance to test this. The reset button removed it from the control app as well as the apple home app. I cannot set this up without it being paired to a wired switch.

I will wait for the scene switches I have ordered to arrive, hopefully that will solve the problem

Best

Paul

Hi Leslie

i have received a 4 button scene switch and my problems are different but still there. The wirelesss switch never worked the way you described, it always needed to be paired to a wired or it wouldn’t work.

I have removed from the system for now, sure I will find another use for it down the line.

I have added the 4 button scene switch to the system and it appears in home app. It allows me to assign scenes or devices to the button press. But when the configuration is completed, it does nothing. The buttons have no action on the home app. If I create a scene in the control app and assign it to a button it works perfectly. I am still in the same situation, I need to be able to use the scene buttons for HomeKit scenes, not control scenes.
It’s on firmware 30, does it need an update maybe?

best

paul

Hello Paul,

There is a NLD-36 firmware version being deployed (planned at 100% for first week of February) allowing to correctly use the 4-scene switch in HomeKit. It will also require a gateway in v.306

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie

that’s fantastic, can you advise if this firmware update will also work with the single module day night wireless scene switch also?  I have a few of those on order!

any word on my fan controller from my initial query? You mentioned q1 this year, is this still on the cards?

best

paul

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.