Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Arteor with Netatmo Homekit Integration and Capability

Hello, noob questions re the Arteor with Netatmo System

1. Is a fan controller on the horizon? There is currently no supported ceiling fan HomeKit system in Australia. Your fine system is about perfect for my needs as a project solution, and I was pleasantly stunned when it was launched in Australia, but the lack of ceiling fan control is a deal breaker. I’m aware that there are dumb (non smart) fan control modules for arteor, but having to get out of bed to turn a fan on and off is a bit 20th century!

2. Can a fixed switch be wired with voltage input, but no output, then be used with HomeKit automations to control another function. Turning on a TV for example. How are the switches represented in the HomeKit app. Can each switch be used in automations, does it support double press etc.

3. What is the amperage limit of the curtain/blind hardwired switch, can it handle an exterior roller shutter? 10A?

Many thanks to all, some great content on here!

Paul

Hello Paul,

The Wake up/Sleep scene switch is an NLT (currently v.60). A v.63 will be deployed beginning February but I don’t see in the backlog if it fixes something for HomeKit. This being said, all NLT devices should appear and be manageable in HomeKit since v.54 version and v.209 gateway

Sometimes, some wireless devices in HomeKit are in a default room or in an other room than the one defined in Home + Control app. Could you carefully check if it’s the case ?

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie

yeah, the switch appears as you’d expect in the home app, in the correct room. I can assign functions to all 4 buttons, test them in the app and all works fine, but pressing the physical buttons on the switch does nothing. I’ve connected it to a circuit in the home + control app and it works fine so it’s not a faulty unit. Hopefully this update solves the problem.

best

p

Hi Leslie

Ok, so the V36 firmware is now on the switch and it is working somewhat. Scenes can be triggered from one of the buttons which is fantastic, and it doesn’t need to be paired to a wired switch like your wireless offerings. Most functions are fine but several small issues remain.

1. Doesn’t seem to support shortcuts stably. I set up a HomeKit shortcut so that if I press button 1 and the ceiling lights are off, it will turn them on, and vice versa, that way I can use one button for on and off. This doesn’t work correctly. When I press the button after a several second delay it turns on, then off, then sometimes on, seems to be random. When I first set it up it worked ok for a day or so now this issue has occured and I can’t stop it. I have removed the shortcut and added again, I have triggered it through apple home app on the switch page using test function, they both work no problem, and very quickly.

2. in the home app, the order of the buttons is wrong, have included the below screen grab

3. Buttons 3 and 4 are mislabelled, meaning, button 3 on the app corresponds to button 4 on the physical switch and vice versa.

Hope this feedback helps with the firmware development.

Was there any news on the smart fan controller for this system also? It’s been delayed a few times since we started talking.

Many thanks

Paul

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback. I opened an internal ticket and will tell you when I know more

Concerning the fan switch, I don’t have information from the marketing but it seems that the product is in the last developement phase. Unfortunately, I don’t have infos about its availability 🙁

Have a good day,

Hi again Paul,

Here is the feedback I had :

1) It’s a problem due to the successive evolutions implemented by Apple since iOS16.2, and is not dependent on our will. I will transfer your feedback to the developpers, but I can’t give you any date for an eventual fix about this issue.

2) It’s the way Apple displays our multi-buttons products. We have no way to modify it on our side, but HomeKit teams are warned about the problem

3) Same as previously : the order in the HomeKit app is managed by Apple, and they don’t take care of our devices printing. It is the reason with you must identify by yourself the correct correspondence between the Apple labeling and the physical button

In homekit app page, even if is not shown in the good order : for scene wireless switch, Apple decided to show : the label “BUTTON 1” mean the up left physical button. the label “BUTTON 2 “mean the down left physical button. and the label “BUTTON 3” mean the down right physical button. the label “BUTTON 4 “mean the up right physical button. I forward your feedback to the developpers, but I don’t know if we have the possibility to modify this point, because it is an Apple app design

Have a good day,

Hello Paul,

Concerning the delays you noticed after pressing the button : for concerned switches, did you configure actions in Home + Control AND in HomeKit too for the same switches ?

Could you also send me screenshots of the configuration in Home + Control for involved switches ?

Thanks and have a good day,

Hi Leslie, hope this finds you well!

the solutions seems to have sped up a little with the latest version of iOS. Not as laggy any more. So impressed I bought another 2 of the 4 button scene switches to use in my garage, but I’m having a problem with them, they will not upgrade their firmware. They are stuck on 30 and I need them on 36. I have tried removing them and adding, also hard resetting with the 10 second button push.

is there a way to force them to update as they will not work with HomeKit at all without v36

also, how is the development of the fan controller progressing?

many thanks

paul

Hello Paul,

Happy to hear it’s faster now !

Concerning the Fan Controller, the latest news I had is an availability around September in Australia (if everything go well)

I took a look at your account, I see that the 4-scene switch in your garage (Keypad 1) is not reachable by the gateway. You must first re-associate it to perform the update. Also, I advise you to regularly use it with physical pushes : it launches update orders. There is no force update process with this device but usually using it generally makes it update in the 48 hours

Please also note that a v.39 is being deployed via OTA update since yesterday and is planned to be finished the 15/06

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

Hope this finds you well.

I have just received some wireless night/day snap in single module units after a fairly long wait and I have the same issue as the other wireless scene switches in that they don’t seem to be exposed to the apple home app.

They are on firmware 46 out of the box. Can you confirm they need an update to appear like the other units did?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I hope your switch updated since your message. The first HomeKit compatible version is NLT-54. You should now be on v.63 (Production version)

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie

The update worked but unfortunately the description of the product was a little misleading. It seems each switch operates the same global scene and not individuals.

This raises another question. Is a snap in version of the 1-4 button scene controller planned?

Also, any word on the smart fan controller?

Many thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

I wanted to take a look at your account to get more info about the modules, but I don’t find your installation. Could you send me the email address of your Netatmo account via the contact form ?

Concerning the other question I’ll ask it to my marketing colleagues

Have a good day,

Hi Paul,

I well received your email. I asked the teams to perform tests concerning the 4-scenes in HomeKit and if I could also have a device in my installation to do it on my side. According to them each button of the 4-scenes should be “independant” in HomeKit and correctly launch associated scenes

When you tell “snap version” is it a version that can be clipped in a holder or a wired version ? In both cases, it doesn’t seem to be planned for now

For the fan controller, the latest info I had from last week is that there are remaining hardware adjustments to do on the device. So unfortunately I don’t have an availability date for now

Have a good day,

Sorry Leslie. I have not explained myself very well. The 4 way scene buttons work very well.

The automations from it are still slow but hopefully that will resolve itself in time, I had bought 1 module night and day switches for each room, hoping I could use them as triggers for the same automations at the doorway but it looks like they are global, I.e, they all do the same thing.

i have a workaround. I can use your single module snap in wireless switches to do the automations, but they have to be paired to a switched device. I am simply going to point them all at a micromodule unit which I will connect to ac power but no output and hide it somewhere. If the wireless switch has to toggle that on and off it doesn’t matter,

I was asking if a 4 scene switch will ever be available as a snap in double module for your frames. Like the wireless switches were stick on only until you released the snap in version.

lastly, as to the fan controllers, I have heavily invested in the system on the understanding that the fan controller is coming. If it does not become available I am missing a critical part of the hvac control for my house with your system.

best

paul

Hello Paul,

“I had bought 1 module night and day switches for each room, hoping I could use them as triggers for the same automations at the doorway but it looks like they are global, I.e, they all do the same thing.”

What is possible to do is to have several wireless Day/Night scenario switches in a same installation. They will all be linked to the same Day/Night scenario defined in Home + Control app. What is not possible is to have several Day/Night scenarios in a same installation and define for each of them different scenarios

“I am simply going to point them all at a micromodule unit which I will connect to ac power but no output and hide it somewhere” 

It’s a good solution, we already have people and hotels for example doing this (just my personal advice : beware not to make the micromodule too inaccessible otherwise it can be a nightmare if you need to perform a reset)

“I was asking if a 4 scene switch will ever be available as a snap in double module for your frames.” 

For the moment no other version than the one we already sell is planned. I forwarded your request to marketing teams

“lastly, as to the fan controllers, I have heavily invested in the system on the understanding that the fan controller is coming” 

I don’t have much more info, but the fan controller is way more difficult as planned to make it work correctly according to our quality requirements. But facing the time and money spent in its development, it will arrive !

I hope it answers your questions,

Have a good day,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.