Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Arteor with Netatmo Homekit Integration and Capability

Hello, noob questions re the Arteor with Netatmo System

1. Is a fan controller on the horizon? There is currently no supported ceiling fan HomeKit system in Australia. Your fine system is about perfect for my needs as a project solution, and I was pleasantly stunned when it was launched in Australia, but the lack of ceiling fan control is a deal breaker. I’m aware that there are dumb (non smart) fan control modules for arteor, but having to get out of bed to turn a fan on and off is a bit 20th century!

2. Can a fixed switch be wired with voltage input, but no output, then be used with HomeKit automations to control another function. Turning on a TV for example. How are the switches represented in the HomeKit app. Can each switch be used in automations, does it support double press etc.

3. What is the amperage limit of the curtain/blind hardwired switch, can it handle an exterior roller shutter? 10A?

Many thanks to all, some great content on here!

Paul

Hello Paul,

Here are the answers to your questions :

1. Yes, it’s planned for quarter 1 2022
  2. To do it, we need a HomeKit certification. It’s planned to have it during quarter 3 2021
  3. The maximum possible power is 500VA (2,2 Amp) that is traditionally more than enough for an exterior roller shutter (that is usually max 400VA)

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Thanks so much for the prompt reply!! What I might do re the fans then is to install arteor dumb ones for now then swap them out later.

q3 is also fantastic, I will liaise with the manufacturer and find out their current draw.
As to question 2. How are the switches exposed in the apple home app. I have never found a screenshot of it, just the home+. As this says it is compatible with HomeKit, surely it appears as a light of some description? I should be able to set an automation to do other things when that light is turned on?

thanks again

Paul

Hello Paul,

I took some screenshot of the app, hoping it will help you (it’s in french but you will understand). You can also set automation :

"img3"

"img2"

"img1"

Have a good day,

Hello there, did that certification for HomeKit happen? The one which will allow us to set an automation from one of the buttons?

also, is the fan controller still on track for q1 2022?

many thanks

paul

Hello Paul,

We received Apple’s authorization for certification a few days ago. According to the roadmap, the feature should arrive in a few weeks as there are still some use cases to test and implement

The fan controller is still planned for beginning 2022 in our roadmap

Have a good day,

So I took the plunge and bought a start kit. All devices are working in the Legrand app but the roller shutter switch does not appear in Apple home. Is there a way to force it to appear?

Hello Paul,

The roller shutter is not implemented for the moment as its way to communicate is different from a “classical” shutter. We planned this year to make it appear in HomeKit, it will be possible to associate/modify its settings with a compatible device in the HomeKit app. it will be available in a next gateway firmware release, but I don’t know for the moment which one and when it will be done

Have a good day,

Leslie,

1) Will the fan-speed switch be available in Radiant & Adorne lines?

2) Is the 4-scene switch coming to Radiant/Adorne any time soon?

3) Is there any progress being made on listing the micromodule controller in the USA?

Thanks!

Hi Leslie,

Any sign of that fan controller? Also is now that you have the HomeKit certification, is adding wireless switches like the home/away unit, the new 4 scene switches or standard wireless to HomeKit to automation activation on the cards? at present, they can only be used with the control app.

Thanks again

Paul

Hello Paul,

The fan controller is postponed to January 2023 as they are still tests to do and the certification from Apple to obtain

Concerning the integration of wireless switches in HomeKit : it will be available with the next gateway firmware update (v.250) which will arrive in the next few weeks

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

In another post last week, you stated the gateway update to allow wireless switches in HomeKit would be released by the end of this month. Are you now saying we are several more weeks away from this release?

Here is a link to that reply….

Legrand wireless switch on homekit without wired switch

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Brant McDonald. Reason: added link to previous thread

Hello Brant,

I had a little more information : the v.250 release is a bit postponed as Apple is still doing tests for HK certification. We (strongly) hope that it will be validated for mid-May

Have a good day,

Hello Brant,

I had a little more information : the v.250 release is a bit postponed as Apple is still doing tests for HK certification. We (strongly) hope that it will be validated for mid-May

Have a good day,

Hi Lesie,

thanks for all your valuable information since I started this upgrade project. Since the v.250 update I have indeed now got the home and away button as a customisable function button. Does this now work for other wireless switches, so for example, could I install one of your wireless switches not paired to a wired companion but instead operating a scene through HomeKit? Does this extend to your wireless shutter button operating say a somfy blind provided it is HomeKit compatible?

Thanks again

P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.