Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Legrand wireless switch on homekit without wired switch

Hello.

Is there any reason why wireless switch cannot be used autonomously and exposed to homekit without using a wired switch? That way the switch could be used to control other homekit accessories or scenes eg.. Hue lights. This is possible using a custom zigbee hub, so why not with the original one?

Hi Nikon,

It’s a subject in our roadmaps, our teams are working on it but I don’t have much more info about it

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Any high level roadmap? Q1 2021 ? Q2?

Hello,

It’s not set as a priority in the roadmap, I would say between Q2-End of 2021

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

I’d be interested too in knowing when the update (firmware?) would arrive. Do you have any more information on the matter? Will it be a switch firmware update, a Home+Control app update, or gateway firmware update?

It might be a good solution to implement, in parallel to the Zigbee 3.0 implementation, and will allow more flexibility in the Legrand system.

Thanks!

Fred

Hello Fred,

It will be a gateway firmware update

For the availability, I don’t have much more info than in January. It’s still planned to release it – if everything goes well – before end of the year maximum

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

any update on above topic? Still this year in roadmap or not? (I have Legrand Valena Life Netatmo set)?

Best

Dawid

Hello Dawid,

Teams are still working on it and it’s on beta tests. The availability date remains the same in the roadmap. Every ranges (including Valena Life) will benefit from this feature

Have a good day,

Thanks!

Hi Leslie,

I see that Zigbee 3.0 firmware has been released in the Operating Manual part. Is the requested feature mentioned in this thread included, i.e. after firmware update will we see the wireless switches as standalone in the Apple Homekit App?

Also, what is the status of the possibility of connecting Zigbee 3.0 lights (i.e. Philips HUE) directly to the Legrand Gateway? I had understood that it would be arriving at the same time as Zigbee 3.0…

Thanks!

Fred

Hello Fred,

The firmware displayed on that page are for pure ZigBee installations (without gateway, so they can’t benefit from the automatic updates). It’s not linked to HomeKit compatibility
For ZigBee 3.0 light bulbs (including Philips HUE ones), the new firmware version to expose your switch in HomeKit and use it with your bulb will be distributed via OTA – if everything goes well – before the end of the year</p>
Have a good day,

Hello Leslie.

Any updates on the implementation of the capability to expose the wireless switches as standalone in HomeKit?

Thanks!

Hi Luca,

The latest developer’s update from last week states that the feature is now tested in Alpha. I still don’t have a precise availability date but it seems that it could be available in the next gateway firmware release

Have a good day,

Thanks Leslie. Just for information, when is the next GW FW release planned for?

Luca,

I don’t have info for now for the next release date. Also, it seems to be included in the 24x Alpha version : so, it’s possible that some other Production OTA versions will be sent before (it will depend on the success of tests results)

Have a good day,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.