Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Legrand wireless switch on homekit without wired switch

Hello.

Is there any reason why wireless switch cannot be used autonomously and exposed to homekit without using a wired switch? That way the switch could be used to control other homekit accessories or scenes eg.. Hue lights. This is possible using a custom zigbee hub, so why not with the original one?

I was able to force the update on one of my adorne home/away scene switches. I now see it in HomeKit, but after programming the button functions, it does not work within HomeKit. My radiant wireless switch also now doesn’t work within HomeKit. The icons for both within the HomeKit app both continuously say “updating”. Still investigating.

so the reason the wireless switches aren’t working in HomeKit, is that none of my legrand devices are working within HomeKit. The gateway/bridge has somehow become unresponsive in HomeKit since forcing the device firmware update. I made no other changes. I’ve now removed my netatmo gateway from HomeKit, but it will not re-install without a complete reset of the gateway. This has turned into a giant cluster, and none of my lighting controls are available within HomeKit now.

Hello Brant,

Seems like an unexpected problem. I advise you to contact the US Customer Support and/or your Legrand contact to report it and find a solution

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello

Here is a life hack how to update the gateway forcibly

In the original application, go to settings, select the gateway and just configure the network again. During the setup process, the update will start. All your devices will remain in place, nothing will be deleted. But you should understand that after setting up, all your wireless switches will immediately jump into HomeKit. And they will all rush into one room, the one in which the airlock is installed. If during the update process you realize that the process has been delayed (more than 10 minutes), then just close and open the application again.

But I still haven’t figured out how to return the wireless switch removed from Homekit. All my switches are tied to their devices in the original application and in fact I don’t need them in HomeKit. But if I delete them, then how can I get them back?

Now every wireless switch offers two entities – button 1 and button 2.process has been delayed (more than 10 minutes), then just close and open the application again.

sorry for my english

Hello. How can I force the wireless double button update?

<ul style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1rem 1.25rem; padding: 0px; list-style-position: outside; line-height: 1.6; color: #000000; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”>
<li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: inherit;”>If possible, best is to first remove and put back the battery (if wireless switch)
<li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: inherit;”>Push the switch button and wait 10 seconds
<li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: inherit;”>Redo it 10 times and wait 10 seconds between each push
<li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: inherit;”>Normally, in the next 30 minutes, the firmware should be up to dat

I have a question for Leslie

As a result of the firmware update, I have 50 unnecessary devices in my HomeKit)(I have configured everything in the native app) How to remove them from the HomeKit? and then how, if necessary, to restore?

Hi Dmitrii,

Your question deals more with the way Apple designed their app

Once your installation is linked to HomeKit, it’s not possible to delete products (our products, but idem for other brands). What you can do is remove not wanted products from your homepage

You’ll then be able, if needed, to find them back in your Rooms menu and add them to the homepage

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie, My question is similar to Dmitrii’s. Why are my linked wireless switches showing up in HomeKit if they are BOUND to a wired switch in Home+? I can completely understand adding wireless switches that are NOT BOUND to a wired switch, because that could be very useful for automations/turning on lights, etc. However, the current implementation adds unnecessary wireless switches to people’s home where the use of the wireless switch is STRICTLY for activating the linked wired switch. I don’t want to assign actions to my wireless switch if it’s already controlling the wired switch.

I would think a different approach to implementation would be to allow the addition of wireless switches in the Home+ app WITHOUT linking them to a wired switch.

AND/OR

Have a setting/toggle in the wireless switch settings in Home+ that enables/disables them from being advertised/published to HomeKit.

Thank you all for all that you do. this is just my thoughts. As it is now, I am going to have to move these unnecessary wireless switches to a ‘Room’ that I can ignore.

Hello Joshua,

It’s the same answer I gave to Dmitrii 😉

HomeKit is a third-party app. We can’t control what they display or not and Apple did the choice to show every module on the homepage of their app

As you said, the best workaround is to set the devices you don’t want to see in a Room

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie, Thank you for the response. My issue is not that the devices are on the home screen, but that it’s in the home app at all. My question remains: Why, if my wireless switch is paired to a main switch, do I want it in HomeKit? the on/off controls my main light..

I can understand why someone would want an UNPAIRED wireless switch in HomeKit; to be used to control other devices.

Personally, I think this is a waste of HomeKit polling devices through the bridge causing unnecessary latency, if I am never going to assign this wireless witch a function in HomeKit… That’s why I suggested having a settings toggle to expose the wireless switch to HomeKit.

Before the firmware update, wireless switches weren’t being advertised through the bridge, and now they are. I am basically suggesting a settings toggle(in Control app) that disables whatever was changed. Thanks!

Finally last week my gateway was upgraded to 250 version of the firmware. Since then I’m experiencing strong WiFi connectivity issues. The gateway loses connection without any specific reason. The only way to recover is to restart the gateway (shutting down the electricity switch that powers the plug where it is located). Does anybody experienced same issue?

After the upgrade, I had an issue where it lost the integration with HomeKit. I had to delete the gateway from my installation and go through the setup process again; fortunately that process doesn’t involve reconnecting individual devices to the gateway.

Earlier this week there was a period of maybe 2/hrs that I noticed none of my Legrand devices were responsive within HomeKit. HomeKit devices outside of the legrand gateway worked normally.

Hello Brant,

Indeed, we had a huge amount of requests a few days ago causing an abnormal rate of 500 errors. A scale-up had been done to fix it and it last for about 30/45 minutes. Most third-party services weren’t affected or were a bit slow, but maybe it took a bit longer for HK in order the scale-up to be effective on all services

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie.

Is there a reason why BTicino wireless switches model K4003CWI are not appearing in my HomeKit installation? I have a bunch of them, all are now with v60 firmware, they work perfectly within the BTicino “Control” app, but fail to appear on my HomeKit setup.

I also have a few K4003CW and K4003DCW (FW release 31 in that case) which are showing up correctly in my HomeKit installation, so I am not sure what is going on.

Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.