Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Excel Life Smart with Netatmo ZigBee 3.0

Hello

I have over 20 Excel Life Smart with Netatmo light switches installed and connected to the 412181 gateway. I wish to access the switches directly via ZigBee and connect to Amazon Echo without passing through the gateway. I believe “…with Netatmo” devices may be able to be operated in ZigBee 3.0 mode as per https://developer.legrand.com/forums/topic/legrand-next-with-netatmo-zigbee-3-0-update

but I can’t find specific information on the Excel Life Smart series. Can anyone please provide guidance on whether this is possible?

Thank you

Jonathan

Sorry for the additional post without the first being answered, but I’ve just realised my gateway is updated v250 but all 23 dimmers (wired Excel Life Smart with neutral) are still v24 like the screenshot.

I’ve searched the forum and I can see the 10 presses in 10 seconds method for manual update but does this apply to wired switches too?

Screenshot of one of the dimmers from Control app

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Jonathan,

To force the update of a wired switch you can try to push both up and down buttons with a long press (20 seconds), the LED will flash in magenta once to confirm it received the order. You can then try to associate them to your ZigBee Hub

if it still does not work :

• Can you send me the reference of your switchs ? I’ll then see if they are in the latest version and/or benefit from the minimum fw version able to be ZigBee compatible
  • Also, is your Echo device a ZigBee gateway ? (as far as I know, old versions don’t include the protocol)

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie

The dimmers don’t have an up/down button, only the power button (and the EZ cog shaped button behind the cover)

By reference do you mean the serial or the model number? Models are EWNDIM1MW, EWNDIM2MW and EWNDIM3MW – dimmers are the here http://ecat.legrand.com.au/category?id=9723-16934346&attrid=9723-16934358

The control app screenshot for one of the 23 devices is below. I’m pretty sure the dimmers firmware is old and is like to be able to upgrade it in addition to enabling ZigBee mode in future, as the gateway doesn’t seem to be updating any of the dimmers themselves. The gateway firmware version is 250.

The echo device is an Echo Studio which has a ZigBee 3.0 hub, in addition to the Error router which also has a ZigBee hub built in.

Thank you

Jonathan

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi again,

Sorry I made a mistake in my answer : the manipulation only concerns wireless switches and not wired ones. This being said, it’s not the problem as the latest version in Production is v24. So your switch is up-to-date (and also your gateway) and able to be linked to a ZigBee hub

I don’t see a reason that would prevent you from leaving the Legrand gateway network to join your hub

Did you follow steps here : https://developer.legrand.com/documentation/how-it-works/ ? When pressing the EZ button to force zigbee network join, the LED will flash green during the time the device search and try to join a Zigbee network

Is there any specific operation to do with your hub to open its network ?

Have a good day,

Thank you Leslie, it’s working now once I turned off the gateway to get it to connect (although the dimmer only shows as an on/off switch in the Alexa app so it’s no use unfortunately, will have to try to try to integrate another way.

Much appreciated

I was just about to ask the same question here – i have a range of 3x way and 1x switches – and two of them are on firmware 43 and 44 (both are not lights, but still connected) – all the swtiches being used as lights are showing firmware 24. I am also using Gateway 250 firmware.

Is this correct? I also have a home/Away switch that wont work with HomeKit on firmware 25 – is this going to be added to HomeKit soon?

Hello Sam,

First part of your message seems correct to me

The Home/Away switch is already integrated to HK. The 25 firmware version corresponds to the Cable Outlet firmware, the lastest Production version for Home/Away is 54

Have a good day,

According the the control app my home away switch firmware is 25

How do I update this device?

Hi Sam,

Seems strange, I don’t have this firmware in my list (or maybe it’s a really old one, before Q3 2020). Nervermind, the only way to get the latest fw versions in Production is to link your device to a Legrand Gateway and wait for the OTA update to be done

If your device is already linked to it and doesn’t update, you must contact the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.